German expert on Contador, "the greatest swindle in sporting history"

Old July 31st 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
JC

Default German expert on Contador, "the greatest swindle in sporting history"

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=281913

A leading German expert in the fight against doping has claimed to have
evidence indicating that Tour de France winner Alberto Contador had used
drugs.

Twenty four hours after the Spaniard donned the winner's yellow jersey on
the Champs Elysees the expert, Werner Franke, described the 24-year-old's
victory as "the greatest swindle in sporting history".

Franke bases his claim on documents he says are in his possession from the
Spanish police's Operation Puerto inquiry into Eufemiano Fuentes, the doctor
said to have masterminded doping programmes for athletes.

"The name of this Mr Contador appears on several occasions on the court and
police documents," Franke told German television station ZDF.

"All of this has been simply concealed and hidden under the carpet whilst
the name Contador was erased from the list of suspicious riders," added
Franke.

He says he has a detailed list of banned products used by Contador which
appear in sworn statements following the raid on Fuentes' medical practise.

"He took insulin, HMG-Lepori, a hormone to stimulate the secretion of
testosterone and also a product for asthma called TGN - in brief I have
before my eyes a protocol for doping," he told ZDF.

"All of this has been covered up, at least in Spain," added Franke.

Contador, who inherited the lead in the tour de France last week on Michael
Rasmussen's expulsion in a row over missed random drug tests, denied he'd
had any links with Fuentes' drugs programme.

Speaking after Saturday's penultimate time-trial in Angouleme about why his
name had been linked to Fuentes he told reporters: "I was in the wrong team
at the wrong time and somehow my name got among the documents, but the UCI
corrected the mistake and now I've got no link to Puerto."

Among the cyclists associated with Fuentes was Jan Ullrich, the former Tour
de France winner.

3 new punk-ass TROLL aliases used by chickenshit piratejohn "ABVMC/RidingInto History" gilturd Hoodini Racing 0 May 3rd 07 10:10 PM
German "Limited Editions" RobDee UK 5 April 10th 07 10:11 PM
DT proper music for this "expert only" trail LIBERATOR Mountain Biking 0 September 1st 06 10:32 AM
French Expert: No consensus on "synthetic testosterone"- Landis a freak of nature raylopez99 Racing 23 August 7th 06 02:37 PM
Expert says Floyd Landis's results "don't add up" Paris Hilton Racing 28 August 2nd 06 02:13 PM