ARMSTRONG

Old January 19th 13, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
raamman

Default ARMSTRONG

On Jan 19, 7:14*am, J.B.Slocomb wrote:

Apparently you haven't heard about the out of competition drug tasting
program. In many competitive sports everyone at a certain level is
visited by the drug lab at irregular intervals to pee in the bottle.
Apparently proof of innocence is a clean urinalysis :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.-

uh huh,,,,and how many drug tests did LA fail ?
Old January 19th 13, 11:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
raamman

On Jan 19, 12:56*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

Well said, sir! -- AJ

Thank you Andre,

coming from you I regard that compliment very highly
Old January 20th 13, 12:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom $herman

On 1/19/2013 6:14 AM, J.B.Slocomb wrote:
Apparently you haven't heard about the out of competition drug tasting
program.[...] ^^^^^^^

I would rather participate in a beer tasting program, thank you very
much.

--
Tom $herman
Old January 20th 13, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom $herman

On 1/19/2013 1:37 AM, raamman wrote:
On Jan 18, 9:59 pm, "Tom $herman"
wrote:

If Dick Pound was the MLB Commissioner, every World Series Championship
of the last three decades or so would be vacated.

And who is to say the new TdF "winners" were not doping also?

--
Tom $herman

we accept the concept of innocence without proof of guilt as a mark
and measure of our concept of justice- an honest man would be UNABLE
to proove his innocence if convicted in the absense of evidence,
therefore, we must accept as fact a man is innocent until proven
otherwise. if we expect our champions to be fair and not cheat, we
must give to them fairness first; an example for them to live up to.

It seems for now that the UCI is not naming new TdF winners. Certainly
some of the second place finishers (e.g. Jan Ulrich) are also known dopers.

--
Tom $herman
Old January 20th 13, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
raamman

On Jan 19, 7:33*pm, "Tom $herman"
wrote:

It seems for now that the UCI is not naming new TdF winners. *Certainly
some of the second place finishers (e.g. Jan Ulrich) are also known dopers.

--
Tom $herman-

jan never tested positive for any ped; he got busted once for a rave
drug after he reversed his porsche into a bunch of bikes and drove
off....we cyclists here will certainly take a very dim view of that
type of incident- and he was tied up in puerto but....

I think the uci is taking the only way out on that, sidestepping the
issue as it were, because it is a fairly moot point- Lance never
tested positive, but enhanced interrogation revealed comprehensive
testimony that he cheated; who else is worth any effort to be named
the winner and for what ? piero inheirted the mantle for 06 in what
year ? lot of good it ever did him
Old January 20th 13, 12:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
J.B.Slocomb

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 09:41:20 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 1/19/2013 6:14 AM, J.B.Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 23:37:03 -0800 (PST), raamman
wrote:

On Jan 18, 9:59 pm, "Tom $herman"
wrote:

[...]

Team doctors are paid to keep traceable items at something
like 98% of detectable levels.

Well of course. Why else would you pay him?
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old January 20th 13, 12:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
J.B.Slocomb

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 14:54:14 -0800 (PST), raamman
wrote:

On Jan 19, 7:14*am, J.B.Slocomb wrote:

Apparently you haven't heard about the out of competition drug tasting
program. In many competitive sports everyone at a certain level is
visited by the drug lab at irregular intervals to pee in the bottle.
Apparently proof of innocence is a clean urinalysis :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.-

uh huh,,,,and how many drug tests did LA fail ?

I believe that he was the most tested man in sports and he passed them
all. a couple after some discussion I believe, but ultimately he was
100% clean.

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old January 20th 13, 12:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
J.B.Slocomb

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 19:27:43 -0800 (PST), raamman
wrote:

On Jan 19, 7:33*pm, "Tom $herman"
wrote:

It seems for now that the UCI is not naming new TdF winners. *Certainly
some of the second place finishers (e.g. Jan Ulrich) are also known dopers.

--
Tom $herman-

jan never tested positive for any ped; he got busted once for a rave
drug after he reversed his porsche into a bunch of bikes and drove
off....we cyclists here will certainly take a very dim view of that
type of incident- and he was tied up in puerto but....

I think the uci is taking the only way out on that, sidestepping the
issue as it were, because it is a fairly moot point- Lance never
tested positive, but enhanced interrogation revealed comprehensive
testimony that he cheated; who else is worth any effort to be named
the winner and for what ? piero inheirted the mantle for 06 in what
year ? lot of good it ever did him

What I find interesting is that although the Drug Tsars stated several
times that he was a doper they never brought him to trial and the
level of evidence that they seemed to offered was, I believe, what
could he termed "hear say" in a court of law. Someone will have to
advise whether "hear say" is admissible in a federal court or not. I
have the feeling that in a state criminal court it is not, but I'm
hardly a legal authority :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old January 20th 13, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

gnaw....its situational ethics not statutory law. LA moved to survive, win on a like field. This is the current situation.

The 'good guys' who imprisoned thousands of your children for smoking NOT tobacco
are trying to funnel pro cycle racing into a chute where the tale can be spun to edify children that

DRUGS ARE BAAAAD ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ARE LIFE THREATENING...

when in facto the 'good guys' are lcomparatively life threatening not pro cycle racing or LA.

yeah n doahn stretch that into anarchism its just [formula libre]
Old January 20th 13, 04:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Ace

On Friday, January 18, 2013 9:58:55 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:

IMHO it's a sorry situation when a successful and
disciplined victor is put in a situation of 'lying' while
doing what almost all athletes in almost all sports do every
day.

What's with the scare quotes? It was lying.
It wasn't technicalities and it wasn't a single
instance. And they aren't white lies when
millions of dollars are on the line.

Tom Ace