If I hit someone will I get sued

Old September 30th 04, 08:31 AM
SteveA

Default If I hit someone will I get sued

flyingdutch Wrote:
I killed my cat years ago

was riding down my (then) steep driveway and was busy getting into m
clips (whoa. there's a flashback) and didnt notice mog lieing asleep i
driveway..

Small yapping fluffy-arsed rodents get my goat (and crosshairs!)
Poor excuse for footballs.

F-"That's not a dog, thats a leg-extension-exercise-device!"-D

One of my work colleagues had a cat go into his front wheel - hit th
pavement at about 40kph, fractured skull, fractured vertebrae, broke
collarbone, punctured lung, plus other breaks/injuries. He i
currently in a wheelchair while he convalesces. The cat may appear t
be a soft fluffy housepet but when they go bad and turn into kamikaz
kats, they can be lethal

Steve

--
SteveA

Old September 30th 04, 09:27 AM
dave

flyingdutch wrote:
hippy Wrote:

I wonder if I could apply enough weight to the front
wheel before impact so that I stayed upright and the
dog uh.. didn't? Has anyone hit a dog before?
Guess it would depend on the size of the dog. It was
Hawthorn though so it'd most likely be a poodle or
sausage dog or some other equally ridiculous breed.

hippy
- evil, twisted, cat person ;-)

I killed my cat years ago

You aint invited to our place

was riding down my (then) steep driveway and was busy getting into my
clips (whoa. there's a flashback) and didnt notice mog lieing asleep in
driveway...

Small yapping fluffy-arsed rodents get my goat (and crosshairs!).
Poor excuse for footballs.

F-"That's not a dog, thats a leg-extension-exercise-device!"-D

I had a near miss ( on Hawthorn velo ) when I was just going out on the
track.. still clipping in.. I had one foot in and one hand on the bar
when some dopey labrador ran in front.. Did a near endo the bike
balancing on the front wheel for a long time. Destroyed one side of my
right pedal.. and still can;t get spares. Was ****ing rude to the
woman.. Still am every time I see her.

No fan of dogs on bike paths.. but to be fair at least the people at the
dog school seem to have control over their mongrols. I mean its a
scarey place for them to be... but I really havnt had a incident with em
so live and let live for the moment

Dave

Old September 30th 04, 09:33 AM
Peter Cremasco

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:44:59 +1000, "Bazza555" wrote:

I like to go for my daily bike ride around the bikeways of Brisbane.
However lately, with school holidays, there are so many ******s out there
who walk on dedicated Bikelanes instead of the Pedestrian lanes.
They give me the ****s, as they don't move out of the way.
I have insurance with BQ, My question is, if I hot someone, can they sue me
?
Am I protected with my BQ insurance ?

They are in the wrong right, its a Bikelane only, and posted.

Let's look at it from another perspective. If a pedestrian in walking
along the road, and there's a footpath present, he is (I suppose) in the
wrong - after all, roads are for vehicles not pedestrians. However, if
you recall your road rules, all vehicles MUST give way to pedestrians.

I'd suggest that if you hit a ped on a bicycle path, you could be sued.

---
Cheers

PeterC

[Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
[and there's nothing you can do about it at all]
Old September 30th 04, 09:41 AM
TP

Ride away very fast

"Bazza555" wrote in message
I like to go for my daily bike ride around the bikeways of Brisbane.
However lately, with school holidays, there are so many ******s out there
who walk on dedicated Bikelanes instead of the Pedestrian lanes.
They give me the ****s, as they don't move out of the way.
I have insurance with BQ, My question is, if I hot someone, can they sue

me
?
Am I protected with my BQ insurance ?

They are in the wrong right, its a Bikelane only, and posted.

Very peeved off.

You go one raod and motorists give you a hard time, what does one do ???

Old September 30th 04, 10:21 AM
NickZX6R

hippy wrote:
"NickZX6R" wrote in message

This might spook you a bit then hippy. Last Saturday they were setting
up some dog training school on the grass in the middle of the track.

Needless to say, we left before things got out of hand

Was that the crew with the fold out chairs in the middle?
I think I was there! I think I was just doing high cadence
efforts so it wasn't too tricky keeping an eye on them, but
they do tend to walk across the track without looking..

hippy
- where do i get a bullbar for my roadie?

Could've been. They were on the far side of the track for a while
and I noticed the 'Dog Training' sign, so when they started moving
stuff into the middle, I left

--
Nick
Old September 30th 04, 01:13 PM
Parbs

"flyingdutch" wrote in message...

hippy Wrote:

I wonder if I could apply enough weight to the front
wheel before impact so that I stayed upright and the
dog uh.. didn't? Has anyone hit a dog before?
Guess it would depend on the size of the dog. It was
Hawthorn though so it'd most likely be a poodle or
sausage dog or some other equally ridiculous breed.

hippy
- evil, twisted, cat person ;-)

I killed my cat years ago

was riding down my (then) steep driveway and was busy getting into my
clips (whoa. there's a flashback) and didnt notice mog lieing asleep in
driveway...

Small yapping fluffy-arsed rodents get my goat (and crosshairs!).
Poor excuse for footballs.

F-"That's not a dog, thats a leg-extension-exercise-device!"-D

--
flyingdutch

Caution link may disturb some viewers.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/att...chmentid=64487

Parbs

Old September 30th 04, 01:28 PM
hippy

Peter Cremasco
Let's look at it from another perspective. If a pedestrian in walking
along the road, and there's a footpath present, he is (I suppose) i

the
wrong - after all, roads are for vehicles not pedestrians. However

if
you recall your road rules, all vehicles MUST give way t

pedestrians.

I'd suggest that if you hit a ped on a bicycle path, you could b

sued.

But it's not a road, so is it still governed by those road rules?

It's not even really a path. It's not marked as a shared path. I'm
not sure if there's any signs at all?

hipp

--
hippy

Old September 30th 04, 01:41 PM
Meeba

Caution link may disturb some viewers.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/att...chmentid=64487

Parbs
Hey thats some weird braking device! :eek

--
Meeba

Old September 30th 04, 01:45 PM
DRS

"Parbs" wrote in message

[...]

Caution link may disturb some viewers.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/att...chmentid=64487

Now, that just wouldn't have happened with rim brakes.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old September 30th 04, 01:54 PM
hippy

Meeba
Parbs
Caution link may disturb some viewers.
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/att...chmentid=64487

Hey thats some weird braking device!

Hayes are really pulling out the stops for their caliper designs..

Brings new meaning to people talking about their brakes squealing ;-)

hipp

--
hippy