IRD Freewheels : Worth 3x the cost ??

Old April 21st 08, 12:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Adam Kadlubek

Default IRD Freewheels : Worth 3x the cost ??

On 19 Kwi, 06:35, Chalo wrote:
Adam Kadlubek wrote:

Sugino XD 152mm length, 110 BCD with custom rings (61 TASpecialities,
46 Shimano and 34 Stronglight). Long bolts to keep it all together.

Perhaps you'd be better able to "gear down" with your legs (instead of
an umpteen-speed cluster) if you used adult-sized cranks.

A switch to 17x mm cranks would only achieve me changing the cassette
from 12-24 to 11-21. On my uprights I use regular cranks, and still I
stay by my point - cornknob cassettes rock.

--
Adam Kadlubek
Old April 22nd 08, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Michael Press

In article
,
Adam Kadlubek wrote:

On 19 Kwi, 06:35, Chalo wrote:
Adam Kadlubek wrote:

Sugino XD 152mm length, 110 BCD with custom rings (61 TASpecialities,
46 Shimano and 34 Stronglight). Long bolts to keep it all together.

Perhaps you'd be better able to "gear down" with your legs (instead of
an umpteen-speed cluster) if you used adult-sized cranks.

A switch to 17x mm cranks would only achieve me changing the cassette
from 12-24 to 11-21. On my uprights I use regular cranks, and still I
stay by my point - cornknob cassettes rock.

I heartily concur.

--
Michael Press