WHOOPS! Mountain Bikers Hits Hiker, Fractures His Ankle

Old April 10th 13, 02:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default WHOOPS! Mountain Bikers Hits Hiker, Fractures His Ankle

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/wh...e-1165650.html

Asked 19 days ago - Irvine, CA (That would be approx March 21, 2013)

While mountain biking in a state park I hit a hiker. Initially he
thought it was sprained ankle. found to be fracture. have

notified my Homeowners policy. The injured told me he had a high
deductible and asked if we could discuss this. I told him yes, he said
soft cast for 2 weeks and hard cast 4-6weeks. My feeling is that if
deductible is less than or equal to $2,500.00 I should just pay. If so
what kind of doc is used to prevent later claims? What would be your
advice regarding this whole situation? Thanx

Save Attorney answers (8)
Licensed in CA Steven Mark SweatProContact this lawyerEmailVisit
websiteBeverly Hills Personal Injury Lawyer
Contributor Level 195
Lawyers agree
Answered 19 days ago. Be careful here. If you don't get a full and
complete and enforceable release from him, it may not be effective.
Then, if you want to turn it over to your insurance later, your
efforts to "settle on your own" may affect coverage.