Bicycle license plate?

Old December 14th 05, 12:47 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Bicycle license plate?

Is it legal requirement to have a license plate fitted to your bicycle
in some states? A dumb question I know, but I'd told a bloke no and now
I'm not too sure. I've never seen one, but I've only ridden in 6
states.

Cheers,

Marz

Old December 14th 05, 12:52 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Marz wrote:
Is it legal requirement to have a license plate fitted to your bicycle
in some states? A dumb question I know, but I'd told a bloke no and now
I'm not too sure. I've never seen one, but I've only ridden in 6
states.

Only in the state of confusion.

JD

Old December 14th 05, 01:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Per Marz:
Is it legal requirement to have a license plate fitted to your bicycle
in some states? A dumb question I know, but I'd told a bloke no and now
I'm not too sure. I've never seen one, but I've only ridden in 6
states.

Long time ago, you needed one in Honoruru. Went back there couple years ago and
it looked like they'd come to their senses.
--
PeteCresswell
Old December 14th 05, 03:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Marz wrote:
Is it legal requirement to have a license plate fitted to your bicycle
in some states? A dumb question I know, but I'd told a bloke no and now
I'm not too sure. I've never seen one, but I've only ridden in 6
states.

Cheers,

Marz

I think Boston messengers had to some time ago.
It comes up as a topic every few years in NYC whenever some bloated
bureucrat gets their humvee scratched.
/s

Old December 14th 05, 11:20 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"JD" wrote in message
ps.com...

Marz wrote:
Is it legal requirement to have a license plate fitted to your bicycle
in some states? A dumb question I know, but I'd told a bloke no and now
I'm not too sure. I've never seen one, but I've only ridden in 6
states.

Only in the state of confusion.

JD

Man I've been there! If you execute your plan violently you usually
work your way out or at least convince people that you intended to
be there ALL ALONG.

Top Gear Driving Song David Martin UK 38 June 1st 05 05:05 PM
Children should wear bicycle helmets. John Doe UK 516 December 16th 04 01:04 AM
What doctors/researchers think about wearing a helmet. John Doe UK 304 December 5th 04 02:32 PM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM