Post pregnancy cycling

Old February 1st 08, 05:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
tim

Default Post pregnancy cycling

On Jan 31, 7:05 pm, Dave Hughes wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:46:22 -0800, tim wrote:
[1] BITALA

And here I thought it was going to be either
[1] BILLAV

Because it looks like a Volvo?

[1] BIKWIL

Black ice kills with indiscriminant loathing?

BTW have you managed to either wheely or bunnyhop a bakfiets yet?

That and the rest.

I recently declared myself bakfiets trials champion of the universe.
The chain case is especially good as a bash-guard, although the bike
is a little front-heavy to balance there for long.

(PS Anyone in Sydney with a recumbent and a sense of humour feel like
letting Kanangara and me try something a little silly?)

So very, very afraid.

tim
Old February 2nd 08, 09:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:05:28 +1100
Dave Hughes wrote:

(PS Anyone in Sydney with a recumbent and a sense of humour feel like
letting Kanangara and me try something a little silly?)

sure, as long as you agree to mend it if you bend it, and if you are
under 5'6"

Zebee
- who has a small recumbent.
Old February 5th 08, 02:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_600_]

LotteBum Wrote:

On that note, that's great advice about turning hearing aids off at
night - I already do that and can't hear squat without them! We're yet
to test out the ultra baby monitor we bought and I have a feeling I may
not even hear that. How blissfully convenient. Poor Paulie.

Gotta run - bladder breakdancing in progress.

Think I'll stick to feral kitten wrangling, it takes about 2-3 months
to break them in and have them fully housetrained for the next 10 -15
years.

Figured out names yet for the little one yet?

--
cfsmtb

Old February 7th 08, 07:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum[_97_]

cfsmtb Wrote:
Think I'll stick to feral kitten wrangling, it takes about 2-3 months to
break them in and have them fully housetrained for the next 10 -15
years.

Yep, and once that's over you no longer have to worry about them!

Figured out names yet for the little one yet?

Yep, we're going with Anna. That was my granny's name and Peanut is
due on the same day my granny died 20 years ago.

Just found out I have some problems with my pelvis which may make
getting back on the bike more difficult...?? Not happy Jan.

LH

--
LotteBum

Old February 7th 08, 10:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2008-02-07, LotteBum (aka Bruce)

cfsmtb Wrote:
Think I'll stick to feral kitten wrangling, it takes about 2-3 months to
break them in and have them fully housetrained for the next 10 -15
years.

Yep, and once that's over you no longer have to worry about them!

Figured out names yet for the little one yet?

Yep, we're going with Anna. That was my granny's name and Peanut is
due on the same day my granny died 20 years ago.

That would be embarrassing if it turned out to be a he. Just don't
call him Sue.

--
TimC
mathematician, n.:
Old February 7th 08, 12:24 PM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum[_98_]

TimC Wrote:
That would be embarrassing if it turned out to be a he. Just don't
call him Sue.

Trust me, I'd never call a boy Anna. But we know it's a girl...

Lotte

--
LotteBum

Old February 7th 08, 01:04 PM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman[_71_]

LotteBum Wrote:
Yep, we're going with Anna. LH

Utterly Australian !!! When she takes off on her bike for the first
time, (which with her pedigree is likely to be by the age of 2), you can
yell "Goanna!!!!"

Is there a second name? How about:

- Vespa
- Bianc(a)/(hi)
- (or just go with Celeste)
- Phixie
- Vittoria
- Giordana
- Duallie

--
monsterman

Old February 8th 08, 06:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

OT: something funny going on with Lotte's posts, maybe with my
Greasemonkey killfile or with Firefox itself. Lotte's posts are
visible in the tree, but the posts themselves are hidden, and she's
not on the killfile. Some people may like this situation, but Lotte
happens to be my mate! Also, Gags is in my killfile, but I didn't kill
him and I can't reanimate him??
Old February 8th 08, 08:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum[_99_]

monsterman Wrote:
Utterly Australian !!! When she takes off on her bike for the first
time, (which with her pedigree is likely to be by the age of 2), you can
yell "Goanna!!!!"

Smartarse. We figured it wouldn't be an issue because she'll be
flogging old men like you on the bike by age 2, so there'll be no need
to tell her to "Goanna!".

Also, we chose the name specifically because it's quite common all over
the Western world - didn't want some freak name like Kyeesha, Sheaarna
or Kevin. Ahem.

Is there a second name? How about:

- Vespa
- Bianc(a)/(hi)
- (or just go with Celeste)
- Phixie
- Vittoria
- Giordana
- Duallie

We were actually planning to name her after you - Christine.

Lotte

--
LotteBum

Old February 9th 08, 10:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Feb 8, 9:48 pm, wrote:
On Feb 8, 4:11 pm, Donga wrote:

OT: something funny going on with Lotte's posts, maybe with my
Greasemonkey killfile or with Firefox itself. Lotte's posts are
visible in the tree, but the posts themselves are hidden, and she's
not on the killfile. Some people may like this situation, but Lotte
happens to be my mate! Also, Gags is in my killfile, but I didn't kill
him and I can't reanimate him??

I sometimes have the same problem, I'd assumed it was a google groups
problem. Normally the posts appear after a day or two, but I can read
Lotte's posts so perhaps it's not a google issue. Maybe delete your
cookies and cache, close, reopen and try again?

Thanks, but no, that didn't work.

Cycling & pregnancy Zardoz UK 15 January 15th 05 09:51 PM
I learned about cycling from that... (long post) beas General 1 February 22nd 04 02:48 AM