Where'd everybody go?

Old April 29th 08, 10:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Where'd everybody go?

I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
places to ride. All gone? What happened here?

DTW
Old April 29th 08, 11:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
LIBERATOR

On Apr 29, 3:17*pm, wrote:
* * * * I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
places to ride. * All gone? *What happened here?

DTW

They left because they don't like me.
Old April 30th 08, 04:48 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
Moo

LIBERATOR wrote:
On Apr 29, 3:17 pm, wrote:
I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
places to ride. All gone? What happened here?

DTW

They left because they don't like me.

I'm not at all surprised...

--

My blog - http://degeneratemoo.livejournal.com
Old April 30th 08, 05:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Danny Aldham" wrote in message

"MattB" wrote in message
I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
places to ride. All gone? What happened here?

Sadly, as a group we couldn't ignore the trolls. A few old timers are
still here but it seems many have moved on.
Spokejunkies has a few old regulars, and I imagine MTBR got some too.

Greetings, I am new to the group, but have just been lurking for a few
days.
The group is Troll infested.
But I am just getting back into mountain biking now, as my youngest child
(age 11) is now at the age I
can take him across the easier North Vancouver trails. So I am looking for
community to talk
mountain biking with. What is Spokejunkies and MTBR? And are there still
mountain biking regulars here?

Danny Aldham

www.spokejunkies.com
www.mtbr.com

both are web based groups. SJ is more centrally located in Ohio, USA but
has recently expanded west as some members have moved.

MTBR is a multi-national website with a lot of different localized forums
such as
http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84 for western canucks.

Just add LIBERATOR to your plonk list along with Mike Vandeman & Ed Dolan or
any one that replies to them and you'll cut out 90-95% of the crap.

Hope this helps.
Gary (one of the middle aged regulars since 2000)

Old April 30th 08, 08:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
LIBERATOR

On Apr 30, 9:48*am, Moo
wrote:
LIBERATOR wrote:
On Apr 29, 3:17 pm, wrote:
* * * * I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
places to ride. * All gone? *What happened here?

DTW

They left because they don't like me.

I'm not at all surprised...

You just shaddap...! u fred...!
Old April 30th 08, 08:37 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
LIBERATOR

"MattB" wrote in message
[...]

GIMMEE YOU BIKE U CANNOT USE U NOT KNOW HOW YOU LANKY CYCLOPSE!!

GIMMEE GIMMEE GIMMEE!!

GIMMEE NOW!!

Hope this helps.
Gary (one of the middle aged regulars since 2000)- Hide quoted text -

GIMMEE YOU BIKE!!
Old May 1st 08, 03:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

On Apr 29, 6:29*pm, MattB wrote:

Sadly, as a group we couldn't ignore the trolls. A few old timers are
still here but it seems many have moved on.
Spokejunkies has a few old regulars, and I imagine MTBR got some too.

I still check back with reasonable regularity, but there hasn't been
much going on besides Libby ranting to an empty house. There's not
much motivation to post when it's not clear that more than one or two
die-hards are going to even see it. FWIW, I have never really liked
web-based forums: Usenet, despite its age, is still technically far
superior to any web forum I have seen.

Last one out, turn out the lights.

CC

PS: Matt, I'm not sure if I will be swinging through your neck of the
woods. I'm pretty much settled on hitting Tabeguache when I'm out in
CO, despite the Freak's misgivings about towing a load on my old
Fisher frame. I'll get in touch out of band.