In case you missed it TdF rebroadcast

Old October 28th 04, 09:43 PM
Karen M.

Badger_South wrote:
Thanksgiving Day
Tour de France Marathon
Wed., Nov. 24 and Thur. Nov. 25
Stages and air times TBD...

Thanks for not spoiling the ending for us. ;D

--Karen M.
Old October 28th 04, 09:53 PM
Roger Zoul

the black rose wrote:
|| Roger Zoul wrote:
||| If you looked like Halle Berry, I'd...well, you know.
|| Ferpetesake, get a room already!
|| *innocent look*

Hmm....if I could get a room with HB, I wouldn't be posting in here!

Old October 30th 04, 01:38 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Badger_South wrote:

My brother said 'there's a TdF Marathon, too?' LOL.

The TdF Triathlon:

54-mile swim, 2500-mile bike ride, 585-mile run.

--Blair
"I don't know if I could survive booking
that through a travel agency..."
Old October 30th 04, 01:40 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Roger Zoul wrote:
I bought the lowest end, 10GB tivo on e-Bay a while ago. I let it sit
unopened for a year. Then I decided to use it, so using instructions
available online, I copied the OS off the 10 GB HD and moved it over to a
120 GB HD. At the same time, I added another 100 GB HD. So I now have 220
GB worth of storage. That's a lot of recording time.

You can buy the huge-size HDs already preloaded for TiVo
from various sites on the web, so your ploy of getting a
castoff TiVo for dirt cheap is a pretty good one.

--Blair
"But then, watching bike racing isn't
nearly as much fun as, you know, bike
racing..."
Old October 30th 04, 01:41 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Roger Zoul wrote:
the black rose wrote:
|| Roger Zoul wrote:
||| If you looked like Halle Berry, I'd...well, you know.
|| Ferpetesake, get a room already!
|| *innocent look*

Hmm....if I could get a room with HB, I wouldn't be posting in here!

Where do you think I've been for the last three days?

--Blair
"Teresa Kerry. Rrrowl."
Old October 30th 04, 02:55 AM
Badger_South

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 00:38:07 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

Badger_South wrote:

My brother said 'there's a TdF Marathon, too?' LOL.

The TdF Triathlon:

54-mile swim, 2500-mile bike ride, 585-mile run.

--Blair
"I don't know if I could survive booking
that through a travel agency..."

Hah. Cute.

I'd envision it like this:

o 0.0005681818 mile swim (*);

o 2500 mile bike ride;

o 0.001893939 mile run into team trailer; (x 19)

-B
(*)(in the motel hot tub with the podium girls);

Old October 30th 04, 04:30 AM
Roger Zoul

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
|| Roger Zoul wrote:
||| I bought the lowest end, 10GB tivo on e-Bay a while ago. I let it
||| sit unopened for a year. Then I decided to use it, so using
||| instructions available online, I copied the OS off the 10 GB HD and
||| moved it over to a 120 GB HD. At the same time, I added another 100
||| GB HD. So I now have 220 GB worth of storage. That's a lot of
||| recording time.
|| You can buy the huge-size HDs already preloaded for TiVo
|| from various sites on the web, so your ploy of getting a
|| castoff TiVo for dirt cheap is a pretty good one.

I don't think those were available when I got my unit. The 'net moves at a
scary pace, though.

Old October 30th 04, 04:31 AM
Roger Zoul

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
|| Roger Zoul wrote:
||| Hmm....if I could get a room with HB, I wouldn't be posting in here!
|| Where do you think I've been for the last three days?

Put in a good word for me, dude!

Old October 30th 04, 09:38 PM
Karen M.

Badger_South wrote:
(*)(in the motel hot tub with the podium girls);

I want to see "podium girls" make it into the modern lexicon
outside of rec.bicycles*.*.

--Karen M.