TV: Retro Tour de France

Old June 6th 04, 04:38 AM
NickZX6R

Default TV: Retro Tour de France

Just a heads up - today (Sunday) on SBS at 5:30pm, the first
of a four part series about TdF.

In the words of Darrell Eastlake, check your local guides.

Cheers
--
Nick

PS. I took the new 853 bike up to Mt Dandenong today - damn that's
a great place to ride

Old June 7th 04, 08:00 AM
hippy

Originally posted by Nickzx6r Just a heads up - today (Sunday) on SB
at 5:30pm, the first of a four part series about TdF

Not bad. I watched it whilst pedaling the track bike in my mag trainer
The ONLY riding I did all weekend :

hipp

-

Old June 7th 04, 11:22 AM
NickZX6R

hippy wrote:
Originally posted by Nickzx6r Just a heads up - today (Sunday) on SBS
at 5:30pm, the first of a four part series about TdF.

Not bad. I watched it whilst pedaling the track bike in my mag trainer.
The ONLY riding I did all weekend

hippy

--

Wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it was good to watch.

I was expecting some TdF history doco-type thing, not just a
half hour rehash of the 97 tour.

But still, I've only been watching tours since 98 so it was
definitely worth it.

Do you find that you can only ride the trainer with cycling on
the TV?

--
Nick
Old June 8th 04, 02:00 AM
hippy

Originally posted by Nickzx6r Do you find that you can only ride th
trainer with cycling on the TV

I hate indoor training.. hate it! hate it

But it was going to be the only riding I would do on the weekend so
figured it was better than nothing. I just happened to time it with th
retro TdF thing. I used to do ergo sessions at my LBS and that was jus
watching heart rates and following various 'plans' for the hour. The
were very hard work - I wish I was still doing them though. At home,
typically put on an 'extreme' (urgh) mtb video. These usually have fas
or angry music and some nice visuals to switch the brain off to... S
much sweat though! I thought my track bike was going to rust right ther
on the spot! :

hipp

-