Trials Discussion Thread

Old September 19th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Default Trials Discussion Thread

Danni wrote:
Crank length can only help you minimally, unless it is something
ridiculous like 125s. Technique is much more important.
Ryan Atkins runs 137s and does some of the nuttiest rail gaps fine.

I know, I use something ridiculous like 125's now. So the 150's will be
a nice change.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P JOHNNY HART[/b]
[b]R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG

harper wrote:
Maybe the police used a lower than usual voltage. They might have had
their TASERs set on "annoy" rather than "stun." No one has reported on
this important detail. Why are details like this omitted?

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

I like 140s for trials.

also, how do you guys commit to sidehops?

I have a bad habit of wimping out.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

mmmm, napalm
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

mornish wrote:

also, how do you guys commit to sidehops?

I have a bad habit of wimping out.

Sidehops as in ups or gaps? You shouldn't wimp out on ups, really, its
just you make it or you don't, you can't get too hurt.

Gaps can be scary. Just kinda picture yourself making it. Try leaning
so far before the take off that you think you will fall, this will make
sure you clear the gap well. You can also hang about 1/4-1/2 of your
tire off the edge of whatever you're gapping from to give you that
extra inch. Sometimes knowing you have that little extra room for error
makes all the difference.

--
maximus unius

dunawan wrote:
usually always

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

mornish wrote:
I like 140s for trials.

also, how do you guys commit to sidehops?

I have a bad habit of wimping out.

yeah i do the same, but lately done some big ones, Just go for it. I
usually ride with some trials bikers that tell me to do it and push me
really hard so i'm always doing stuff i would never have done on my
own.

--
brendan

[10:10] Amanda: can i have big boobs?
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

I broke my wrist falling weird off a 30"+ ledge. I had ridden for a few
hours and it was going to be my last attempt for the night.

What makes me not back out of hops is knowing that I have armor. I
bought some Harbinger wrist guards, a new helmet, and some small shin
pads.

--
Danni

leo wrote:
Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'My Trials Course'
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 20th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
isaac steiner

Ive got 137s and boy they are nice...I think anything between 135-145
would be good for trials.

I really like this thread as a Trials Rider not a Street.

When I am about to hop 54cm the ledge doesnt look that bad and then I
do it. And then I look at 60cm and I think I cant do that. I think my
problem is i need to tuck up to my butt more...But I dont know how???

--
isaac steiner

*'Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)*

'*Quax*' (http://www.qu-ax.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 20th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Try not to think of it is a 60cm ledge, just think of it as a ledge.

That helped me with pallets, mainly from going from up-4 to up-5. It
was always, going to jump up 5 pallets, which in my mind, made a big
difference from 4.

So, I just looked at it as one ledge. I am going to jump up that ledge.
No numbers involved, no difference from anything else I have done
before, it was just another ledge.

After thinking that, I got it.

So with the right mentality and practice, it will help a lot.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 20th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

isaac steiner wrote:
I really like this thread as a Trials Rider not a Street.

Maybe this will stem the flow of new threads

isaac steiner wrote:
When I am about to hop 54cm the ledge doesnt look that bad and then I do
it. And then I look at 60cm and I think I cant do that. I think my
problem is i need to tuck up to my butt more...But I dont know how???

Try looking at it as a drop. Look down, and think - wow that looks
small. Go back and try while thinking this.

Another way (that I have been doing) is practice on something that is
4" above your limit. Try it for a thirty minutes or so, then go to a
ledge 2" above your limit. I often break my record like this. It gets
you in the right mindset.

--
Danni

Old September 20th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

gaps are the scariest of anything I do. i hate them, and love them at
the same time. I know i can gap 9 foot on flat ground, but if there is
something that has over a 1 foot drop i have trouble convincing myself
to do it.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 20th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

skrobo wrote:
gaps are the scariest of anything I do. i hate them, and love them at
the same time. I know i can gap 9 foot on flat ground, but if there is
something that has over a 1 foot drop i have trouble convincing myself
to do it.

EDITTOOLATE:if something has a 1 foot drop and is 6 foot or
more(estimate)