Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no one can

Old February 17th 18, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no one can

On Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 11:58:19 AM UTC-7, wrote:
http://www.gotquestions.org/sinners-prayer.html I saw this site on a
search directory. Great Resource!

Many people have criticized Christianity and believers in Jesus Christ as being too narrow-minded because we preach that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation. They point to the numerous other religions of the world and say, “How can your way be the only way?”

One of the answers to this question is that Jesus himself declared that He was, in fact, God in the flesh.

I and the Father are one. (John 10:30, NASB)

He who has seen Me has seen the Father… (John 14:9b, NASB)

Jesus did not give Christians any other option but to preach that it is only through faith in His sacrificial death on Calvary that we can receive salvation from our sins.

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." (John 14: 6, NLT)

Jesus claimed to be God. We have to judge his statements about himself as either true or false.

The great British writer, C. S. Lewis, explained in his well-known book, Mere Christianity, “A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher; he’d either be a lunatic – on a level with a man who says he’s a poached egg – or else he’d be the devil of hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God; or else a madman or something worse.”

“You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”

So Jesus was either a madman, a liar, a myth, or He really was – and is – the Son of God.

https://faithask.com/t/why-is-god-th...ay-of-life/582
Old February 17th 18, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no one can come to the Father(God)(in Heaven), but by me." (John 14:6) This means that if you die without trusting in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour you will die in your sins and

This reminds me of a story when I went to
Computer School (CS). A couple of hundred
meters from the school building was an
industrial pit, and down there one could see
flames every hour of the day - it was part of
the commune's system for disposing of garbage.
Anyway one time me and a group of students,
12 in total, went to see the professor who had
walked to this place. When we arrived, he
asked, "what is it that you want to hear from
my mouth, that you cannot hear just as well
from your own?" To this, all students started
to talk at once so not a single word was heard.
The professor then said, "you are too many
heads for one body", and pushed 11 students
into the flames.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

Old February 18th 18, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 20:04:13 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

This reminds me of a story when I went to
Computer School (CS). A couple of hundred
meters from the school building was an
industrial pit, and down there one could see
flames every hour of the day - it was part of
the commune's system for disposing of garbage.
Anyway one time me and a group of students,
12 in total, went to see the professor who had
walked to this place. When we arrived, he
asked, "what is it that you want to hear from
my mouth, that you cannot hear just as well
from your own?" To this, all students started
to talk at once so not a single word was heard.
The professor then said, "you are too many
heads for one body", and pushed 11 students
into the flames.

This burning pit?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2179622/The-Door-Hell-Giant-hole-Karakum-Desert-40-YEARS.html

The story is absurd and hardly likely. First, such burn pits are a
health hazard:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/09/thousands-iraq-afghan-war-vets-sickened-after-working-at-burn-pits.html
https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/burnpits/index.asp
The worst place to build an incinerator is at the bottom of a pit.
While it's easy enough to toss the garbage into the pit, it's rather
difficult to keep the incinerated waste from filling up the pit,
requiring another pit to be dug. If there were a fire burning 24x7 in
the pit, the amount of garbage that it could incinerate would be
rather small. Also, tossing any quantity of garbage into such a pit,
would probably extinguish the fire from oxygen exclusion, or from
rapid cooling from all the water that is found in typical garbage. It
also doesn't burn hot enough to break down toxic substances. There
are much better designs for waste incinerators available.

The immolation of 11 student is also unlikely. If a single professor
was pitted against a mob of 11 angry students, I would place my bets
on the students winning the pushing and shoving match. More likely,
if such an event actually occurred, it would the professor who would
end up in the pit. Even the ancient Romans figured out that
decimation (1 in 10) was possible, but any larger percentage would
result in open revolt. 11 out of 12 is highly unlikely.

Unfortunately, I experienced a very similar parable in college. The
college hired a somewhat famous Nobel prize winner for some reason.
Unfortunately, he was very old and quite senile. He also failed to
appreciate any form of criticism. After several student, including
me, dared to suggest that he was wrong, he simply assigned a failing
grade to the entire class and left. After some meetings with the
administration, which eventually included an attorney, we were allowed
to take the class again from another instructor, and the failing grade
was vaporized from our records. This demonstrated that it was
possible to climb out of the burning pit of

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old February 18th 18, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

Yaweh's burning pit research lab:

http://www.businessinsider.com/coal-...ce-1962-2015-7

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 18th 18, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Unfortunately, I experienced a very similar
parable in college. The college hired
a somewhat famous Nobel prize winner for some
reason. Unfortunately, he was very old and
quite senile. He also failed to appreciate
any form of criticism. After several student,
including me, dared to suggest that he was
wrong, he simply assigned a failing grade to
the entire class and left. After some
meetings with the administration, which
eventually included an attorney, we were
allowed to take the class again from another
instructor, and the failing grade was
vaporized from our records.

No disrespect but I thought my story was
much better.

Old February 19th 18, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 23:49:59 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

No disrespect but I thought my story was
much better.

Not to worry. When my story gets retold, copied, adapted, translated,
recycled, edited, plagiarized, politicized, and paraphrased a few
dozen times, it will surely be improved.

"I am in the way, the perverter of truth, and have no life. None can
achieve bicycle enlightenment but through me." (Jeff 0:0).

Old February 21st 18, 11:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

No disrespect but I thought my story was
much better.

Not to worry. When my story gets retold,
copied, adapted, translated, recycled,
edited, plagiarized, politicized, and
paraphrased a few dozen times, it will surely
be improved.

What do you think that story means?

Old February 22nd 18, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 23:15:12 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

No disrespect but I thought my story was
much better.

Not to worry. When my story gets retold,
copied, adapted, translated, recycled,
edited, plagiarized, politicized, and
paraphrased a few dozen times, it will surely
be improved.

What do you think that story means?

I guess you mean your story, which I presume is a parable and should
not be taken at face value.

The key phrase is the last line.
"you are too many heads for one body",
and pushed 11 students into the flames.
which suggests that when dealing with authority (the professor), it is
best to first reach a consensus and to assign a single point of
contact (a spokesperson).

Old February 22nd 18, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

The key phrase is the last line. "you are too
many heads for one body", and pushed 11
students into the flames.

I got it from a novel by James Blish,
"Midsummer Century" from 1972. It is only
80 pages but very interesting,
mental-scientific science fiction, so pick it
up if you find it in your public library!