Chinese Cycling

Old November 29th 04, 03:36 PM
John

Default Chinese Cycling

This is not recumbent cycling, but it is cycling. * I have long lurked here
and thought of you when I encountered this.

A friend of mine is teaching EFL in Lanzhou, and knowing of my interest in
cycling, he told me some of the wierd things he has seen carried on
bicycles. *I asked for pictures and he has put some on a web site he is
building at
http://www.eflbaily.com/BikeThumbs.htm
More are promised, in particular the 'water cooler guy'. * I quote from
Pip's original missive:

quote
How many washing machines can you get on a two wheel push bike?

I just saw one with 4 on!!! And I didn't have a camera!
No-one riding it though - not quite enough room

Preceding this bike was another with a tall fridge freezer on.
No-one riding this either - too lop-sided. It would have been amusing to see
him try

Other things seen on bikes.

3 dead pigs and a rider.

15 large plastic bread tray type things, all full, and a rider.

3 large water cooler refill bottles. I can't even lift one ! (This is really
funny. There is a man on the simplest form of transport delivering spring
water to all and sundry to put in thier status symbol water coolers. Then he
gets out a very sophisticated cell phone to find out where to pedal his next
order to.)

Innumerable empty beer bottles

Vast bundles of dry noodles, which surround the driver like a cacoon.
/quote

--
John Turner