RR: Chimney "ICE" Rock

Old February 13th 05, 09:04 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Default RR: Chimney "ICE" Rock

Beautiful blue skies and 36F when I left the house for Chimney Rock
park. It's a 1:30 minute drive, but what the heck! Turned out just
Jay, Mike N., and I for this ride. When I got there, the conditions
where nice. The ground was frozen and some ice had still resisted the thaw.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0071.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0072.jpg

As it turns out, many of the trails were still trechorously icy.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0074.jpg

I was trying to play it conservative today because I am going on a
biking holiday in two weeks. The last thing I want to do is get hurt.
None-the-less, I feel hard after slipping on the ice. I hit my wrist
pretty good, but I think I'll survive.

There was a fair amount of climbing today, made even worse by the ice.
Ice and incline definately do not mix. Lots of forks in the trail to
[insert your stupid fork / knife / spoon joke here].

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0077.jpg

OK. This next photo was at the end of a nasty climb. I was going to
photoshop it to make it look like it was accomplished. Unfortunately
one of the poseurs doesn't know how to pose and is leaning just a bit
too much to be convincing.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0082.jpg

Chimney rock surrounds a huge slate quarry. I suppose there will come a
day when you'll be able to see right out to the highway.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0084.jpg

As the day wore on, the trails began to melt. They became pretty soggy
and muddy in places, so the time came to head out to avoid any damage.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0086.jpg

On the way back we had to stop at the stairs!

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0087.jpg

Which we all did, even me.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0091.jpg

The last bit of trail before the lot, has tons of log overs and a couple
of jumps.

Mike "Air" Newman shows us how it's done!

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0093.jpg

Chimney Rock is a great place to ride. Not the tallest spot in New
Jersey, but it's a little bit of wilderness in a very suburban setting.
I grew up around this area, so I am very familiar with the
neighboring towns. In fact, I took a little 10 mile detour on the way
home to stop at Harolds New York deli for some grub.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0095.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0097.jpg

Yes, that is ONE corned beef on rye sandwich ($23) and ONE slice of
chocolate mousse cake ($11)! Harold was the original operator of the
world famous Carnegie deli in NYC. He started his own place and kind of
upped it a notch. By the way, that's a pound and a half of corned beef
on that bread.
--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old February 13th 05, 09:27 PM

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Beautiful blue skies and 36F when I left the house for Chimney Rock

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0095.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0097.jpg

Yes, that is ONE corned beef on rye sandwich ($23) and ONE slice of
chocolate mousse cake ($11)! Harold was the original operator of

the
world famous Carnegie deli in NYC. He started his own place and kind

of
upped it a notch. By the way, that's a pound and a half of corned

beef
on that bread.

After eating that, stop here in my town, Clearfield, Pa. and sample
this:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/commercials/bigburger.asp

Only one person has been able to eat it in the required 3 hour time
limit.

Old February 13th 05, 09:41 PM
Bob R

wrote in message
oups.com...

After eating that, stop here in my town, Clearfield, Pa. and sample
this:

Maybe Ricky will also let you **** his wife. If you are lucky he will let
his kids watch too.

Old February 13th 05, 09:46 PM

Bob R wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

After eating that, stop here in my town, Clearfield, Pa. and sample
this:

Maybe Ricky will also let you **** his wife. If you are lucky he

will let
his kids watch too.

Oh look, now Bob's trying to f*ck me. He hates it when I slap him like
the little bitch that he is. Better get off that computer Boob before
your wife walks in and catches you pounding your pud to my post.

Old February 13th 05, 09:52 PM
Bob R

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bob R wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

After eating that, stop here in my town, Clearfield, Pa. and sample
this:

Maybe Ricky will also let you **** his wife. If you are lucky he

will let
his kids watch too.

Oh look, now Bob's trying to f*ck me. He hates it when I slap him like
the little bitch that he is. Better get off that computer Boob before
your wife walks in and catches you pounding your pud to my post.

Pot...kettle....black

Old February 13th 05, 09:55 PM

Bob R wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Bob R wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

After eating that, stop here in my town, Clearfield, Pa. and

sample
this:

Maybe Ricky will also let you **** his wife. If you are lucky he

will let
his kids watch too.

Oh look, now Bob's trying to f*ck me. He hates it when I slap him

like
the little bitch that he is. Better get off that computer Boob

before
your wife walks in and catches you pounding your pud to my post.

Pot...kettle....black

WAAAAAAA!

Better get going, "E" is running a special on Michael's Neverland
Ranch.
You might be able to pick up a few pointers from Jack-O about keeping
kiddie porn on the down low.

Old February 13th 05, 10:03 PM
Bob R

wrote in message
oups.com...

Better get going, "E" is running a special on Michael's Neverland
Ranch.
You might be able to pick up a few pointers from Jack-O about keeping
kiddie porn on the down low.

Gee Ricky,

You're humping so hard it's time for a little K-Y on my leg

Old February 13th 05, 10:38 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

Beautiful blue skies and 36F when I left the house for Chimney Rock

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0095.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0097.jpg

Yes, that is ONE corned beef on rye sandwich ($23) and ONE slice of
chocolate mousse cake ($11)! Harold was the original operator of

the

world famous Carnegie deli in NYC. He started his own place and kind

of

upped it a notch. By the way, that's a pound and a half of corned

beef

on that bread.

After eating that, stop here in my town, Clearfield, Pa. and sample
this:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/commercials/bigburger.asp

Only one person has been able to eat it in the required 3 hour time
limit.

LOL! At least I can make a few sandwiches from the one of mine. It
looks like you have to eat that whole burger at once!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old February 14th 05, 12:55 PM
Zilla

Chimney Rock is a great place to ride. Not the tallest spot in New
Jersey, but it's a little bit of wilderness in a very suburban setting.

For a while I thought you were talking about Chimney Rock, NC.
Cool pics..

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Old February 14th 05, 01:23 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Zilla wrote:
Chimney Rock is a great place to ride. Not the tallest spot in New
Jersey, but it's a little bit of wilderness in a very suburban setting.

For a while I thought you were talking about Chimney Rock, NC.
Cool pics..

I think there is a Chimney Rock in about every state. Google it.
Probably would have been less icy in your area.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws