Fabiani--Dumb and Dumber

Old June 4th 11, 06:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

Default Fabiani--Dumb and Dumber

On Friday, June 3, 2011 4:16:29 PM UTC-7, BL wrote:

That's a crock. IMO, by far more than a fair preponderance of the facts
as we know them today, Armstrong doped and perpetrated a sports fraud on
a scale never seen before. Hang him? Hardly. I'd be happy to see him do
5-8 in a Federal minimum security facility. IIRC, the have a nice one
in Duluth.

You should read about, say, the Italian Serie A
match fixing scandal before you talk about a
sports fraud on a scale never seen before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_It...otball_scandal

Also, sporting fraud is not a crime in the US,
so you can't send Armstrong to jail for it.
You need to convict him of defrauding the
government, a case which rests on relatively
novel legal theory. It might happen. I doubt
he'll see the inside of a jail on that charge
though.

I continue to think that Armstrong's greatest
exposure would be on perjury charges. Again,
these would not be charges of stealing the Tour
and dashing Brian's hopes of fair play, but
secondary charges related to previous legal
proceedings. Neither you nor Novitsky can convict
Armstrong for stealing the Tour. This is one
reason that the justification of these investigations
as cleaning up sport is a crock.

Of course, I think you've again made it clear that
your primary motivation is revenge rather than clean-up.
Once Armstrong gets the chair, I expect you to stop
paying attention to cycling and go back to chess.

Fredmaster Ben
Old June 4th 11, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL[_2_]

On 6/4/2011 1:28 PM, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
[...]

You can expect whatever you like. What you expect is of no concern to
me. I'll continue to play chess and cycle. They aren't mutually
exclusive, Moron.

Fabiani--Dumb and Dumber BL[_2_] Racing 48 June 9th 11 03:23 AM
Is there a cyclist dumber than Floyd? i, Fred Racing 6 June 11th 10 05:30 AM
Apparently, there are reporters even dumber than shot-putters... Ryan Cousineau Racing 0 August 6th 08 04:22 AM
dumb & even dumber! cfsmtb Australia 3 October 8th 05 03:37 PM
Tribute to Fabiani Luperini Sierraman Racing 4 December 25th 04 08:38 PM