Jobst- we mightl never know

Old February 10th 11, 12:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Cicero Venatio

Default Jobst- we mightl never know

If jobst was the only one present at the accident, and what I've read so
far from the tidbits released, is that rbr, rbt, will never know what
happened to him. If there was an impact with the surface with his head,
or a botched anesthesia job, he most likely will have no memory of what
happened. I hit a curb with my helmeted head one time, and the other
people on that ride told me later what happened, as 30 seconds was
erased. Not to start a dreaded helmet thread, I did read one link that
someone posted that claimed the foam doesn't compress, or it crumbles,
but that didn't happen in my case. I was wearing a Giro Pneumo and it
did compress on the impact side, and the foam did crack but it held
together. As these are individual cases, and I wouldn't claim that
would happen for anyone else, but it did work in my case. It still
knocked me out a couple minutes, and I had to sit in the hospital all
day as they wanted to see if I deteriorated head-wise. The spot where
the foam compressed against my skull did hurt periodically for a couple
years afterwards, but mysteriously then disappeared. Back to jobst, I
think if we are to find out what happened, I think a bicycle forsenic
team could be assembled, and go over his bike inch by inch. Start with
the tires, from what he posted previously about riding his tires down to
the cords. I assume the tread helps the cords from being ruptured, but
if they were ruptured, disaster follows. I've broken chords in 3 car
tires with one blowout, and two of them doing the flintstone vibration.
Go over the frame, any cracks, lose handlebar etc. We are not ghouls,
we all learn from the misfortune of others.
Old February 10th 11, 01:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
coterock

Please, out of respect to Jobst and yourself, do not use his accident
as an excuse for a helmet thread,

Old February 10th 11, 01:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Feb 10, 7:00*am, coterock wrote:
Please, out of respect to Jobst and yourself, do not use his accident
as an excuse for a helmet thread,

On Feb 10, 7:53*am, Cicero Venatio wrote:

If jobst was the only one present at the accident, and what I've read so
far from the tidbits released, is that rbr, rbt, will never know what

Seriously - why the **** not ? It's not like Jobst is god damn Gary
Busey.

Sometimes in the face of overwhelming evidence even saints and popes
change their mind.

Look at poor Mother Teresa - after euthanizing tens of thousands in
the Calcutta slums - she recognized that she was praying in futility
to a god that didn't hear and never answered - "the silence and the
emptiness is so great, that I look and do not see, — Listen and do not
hear — the tongue moves [in prayer] but does not speak"

Now if a ****ing **** like Mother Teresa can accept stolen money -
build up her own network of human eradication clinics under her own
egotistic label and can't 'find god' (hint - you can't find what isn't
there ) what chance do you have and isn't there a chance that Jobst
might soon be endorsing his own line of helmets?

Let it roll - best time ever for a helmet debate.

And hopefully He (Jobst - not Jesus) will join the debate.

Old February 11th 11, 04:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ronaldo_jeremiah

On Feb 10, 6:53*am, Cicero Venatio wrote:
If jobst was the only one present at the accident, and what I've read so
far from the tidbits released, is that rbr, rbt, will never know what
happened to him. *

Most likely, his fork exploded.

-rj
Old February 11th 11, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 2/11/2011 10:56 AM, ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
On Feb 10, 6:53 am, Cicero wrote:
If jobst was the only one present at the accident, and what I've read so
far from the tidbits released, is that rbr, rbt, will never know what
happened to him.

Most likely, his fork exploded.

-rj

Der Jobst only rides steel!

Fred Flintstein
Old February 11th 11, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Feb 11, 12:43*pm, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
On 2/11/2011 10:56 AM, ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:

Most likely, his fork exploded.

Der Jobst only rides steel!

By using the Germanic Der are you implying there was shrapnel?

Old February 11th 11, 10:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Feb 10, 1:53*pm, Cicero Venatio wrote:
[...]

My tenure in the Peninsula was my personal introduction to mortality:
First, one of my students died (he made some poor choices at Yosemite)
and at the end of the quarter, I was faced with the difficult decision
of how to assign him a grade, I finally gave him an incomplete, just
in case.... But then at least 3 people involved with the Stanford team
got killed in my years riding with them. The first just used to ride
along and died at the corner of Arastradero and Page Mill hit by a
car, if memory serves me correctly. That motivated me to be more
careful, as there was nothing more depressing than the prospect of
there being my own memorial ride. Getting back to the students, two
undergraduate members of the cycling team got killed in a couple of
years, definitely a statistical outlier.

Basically, I'm glad I got out of there alive.

-ilan
Old February 11th 11, 10:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

My tenure in the Peninsula was my personal introduction to mortality:
First, one of my students died (he made some poor choices at Yosemite)
and at the end of the quarter, I was faced with the difficult decision
of how to assign him a grade, I finally gave him an incomplete

This is the essence of why I waste so much ****ing time in RBR. A gem
like this.

****ing brilliant.
Old February 12th 11, 08:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Feb 11, 5:43*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:

My tenure in the Peninsula was my personal introduction to mortality:
First, one of my students died (he made some poor choices at Yosemite)
and at the end of the quarter, I was faced with the difficult decision
of how to assign him a grade, I finally gave him an incomplete

This is the essence of why I waste so much ****ing time in RBR. *A gem
like this.

****ing brilliant.

But apparently not brilliant enough for you to include an attribution
for the quoted material.

'splain me something, Lucy. Why is giving an incomplete to someone
who didn't complete the course brilliant? Would you have failed him
or given him an A?

Jobst Phil H Techniques 83 July 13th 11 12:53 AM
Update on Jobst Brad Anders Racing 22 February 3rd 11 12:31 AM
When Jobst ... Steve Freides[_2_] Techniques 1 January 20th 11 09:28 PM
Jobst Brad Anders Racing 20 January 19th 11 05:31 PM
Jobst TriGuru55x11 Rides 1 January 19th 11 01:13 PM