disaster strikes! anyone got a 36" tire in Tucson?

Old November 21st 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boisei

Default disaster strikes! anyone got a 36" tire in Tucson?

So I'm here in Tucson, AZ for El Tour de Tucson 109 mile ride, planning
to ride it on my 36r. The ride starts tomorrow, 11/22, at 7:00 AM!!

Unfortunately, my star crossed Nightrider tire, nothing but troubles in
the 6 months I've had it, finally gave up the ghost. I actually think
that's far too peaceful term for it. It tried to blow itself out of its
misery. Little does it know that my buddy is gonna revive it zombie
Frankentire style with sheet metal and pop rivets.

I will be in the ride tomorrow one way or another, but I'd prefer it
was on a functioning 36r. Any chance anyone can help me out? Got a 36"
tire, in any condition, that I could take off your hands or rent for the
weekend?

Msg me if you can help! Don't make my buddy brycer1968 start fusing
rubber and metal in unnatural ways. The *******!

boisei
Old November 21st 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spudman

Major bummer! I haven't seen any unicyclists with 36" wheels and don't
know of any in the area... you might try some local bike shops, but I
think the odds of finding a 36" tire are very slim. Ordinary Bike shop
deals with some weird things, but they don't have much on stock (520 622
6488). Ajo bikes has tons of stuff in stock, and lots of weird tires
(520 294 1434).

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

--
Spudman
Old November 21st 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

you could go with an emergency 29" tube conversion, just get the
hefftiest tube you can find and stretch it in there.

--
kington99

Dave

Old November 21st 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
corbin

kington99;1135084 wrote:
you could go with an emergency 29" tube conversion, just get the
hefftiest tube you can find and stretch it in there.

I think he needs a tire, not a tube.

Try to get ahold of Chris Labonte. He's in Phoenix, if i remember
right. (is that spelled right?)

corbin

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
Old November 21st 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boisei

Thanks for the suggestions. It's been amazing to see the unicycle
community spring into action here, including my hometown unicycle shop
Serious Juggling working their network. Above and beyond, I tell you.

I'll check out Ajo bikes, and unfortunately the 29r tube conversion
won't work for the tire damage I've got.

Thanks all - I'm not all set up yet but enjoying the adventure!

boisei
Old November 21st 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iAmVincent

If you want to make a trip up to Flagstaff I'll let you borrow my
Nightrider.

--
iAmVincent

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity.
~Voltaire
Old November 21st 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boisei

Thanks again all. I was put in touch with Jeremy at theunicycleshop.com
and am waiting on final word on a tire he has. It's looking good but I
am happy to have some other options in place. It's been an adventure in
grace here.

More as it comes,

boisei
Old November 22nd 08, 06:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boisei

Tire in hand! My phone browser won't let me post a picture of the
triumphant handoff, and my connection is spotty enough that I should
just get this message off. So many people pitched into the effort to
get this stranger far from home a rare tire, it was a wonderful
experience of the good in us. Thank you all.

--
boisei
Old November 22nd 08, 07:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Ben and Yvette Called me while I was at school to see if I knew anyone
in your area with a 36'er tire... I couldn't help but I showed up after
school and they said you ended up getting one. You'll have a blast I'm
sure just don't blow it

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
Old November 22nd 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Liuodaa712

I'm going to bump the tread up.And with this prize that I have received
as a Prize of Peace, I am going to try to make the home for many people
who have no home. Because I believe that love begins at home, and if we
can create a home for the poor I think that more and more love will
spread. And we will be able through this understanding love to bring
peace be the good news to the poor. The poor in our own family first, in
our country and in the world. To be able to do this, our Sisters, our
lives have to be wove with prayer. They have to be woven with Christ to
be able to understand, to be able to share. Because to be woven with
Christ is to be able to understand, to be able to share. Because today
there is so much suffering…When I pick up a person from the
street, hungry, I give him a plate of rice, a piece of bread, I have
satisfied. I have removed that hunger. But a person who is shut out, who
feels unwanted, unloved, terrified, the person who has been thrown out
from society-that poverty is so full of hurt and so unbearable…And
so let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the
beginning of love, and once we begin to love each other naturally we
want to do something.Come and buy 'WOTLK Power Leveling'
(http://www.wow-powerleveling.org/wow...ing.asp),cheap 'WOTLK
Power Leveling' (http://www.wowgoldweb.com/wow-power-leveling.asp), free
'WOTLK Power Leveling' (http://www.igsstar.com/wow-powerleveling-us/)
1-80 level 'WOTLK Power Leveling'