How to use unicycling to fight childhood obesity

Old December 5th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JustOneWheel

Default How to use unicycling to fight childhood obesity

I have 5, 2yr olds in my daycare center who I'm training and making
great progress with. Their parents are loving it! This is going to be
interesting

|Filename: Zig and Collin fight for the uni.jpg |

JustOneWheel

HAVE FUN ON _ONE_!
justonewheel.com
Old December 5th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SamGoodburn

Awesome! Have you tried riding the little Unicycle? I know I would have!

--
SamGoodburn

very creative sig.
Old December 5th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timekeeper

How adorable. That's gotta be the youngest person I've seen with a
unicycle. I didn't even learn how to ride a bike until I was 5 or 6.
They're off to a good start then

--
timekeeper
Old December 5th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Klaas Bil

That's very cool. What does the "great progress" consist of?

--
Klaas Bil
Old December 5th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

Klaas Bil;1143826 wrote:
That's very cool. What does the "great progress" consist of?

the kid in the background making the weird face.

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing once i do the takeoff-" - me

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)-'My Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~
Old December 5th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

I wouldn't say that kids those kids had weight related problems, I
wouldn't worry about obesity.

--
thejdw

-I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!-
Old December 5th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boisei

Is that a cut down Sun 12"? That's how I went about making a uni for my
toddler. I gave it to her last December for Christmas, although only
this last week did I discover her feet could finally reach the pedals!
She's a little over 2.5 years now.

I consider great progress to be her a) wanting to sit on it with my
help, and b) putting her feet on the pedals and moving or even pushing
while I push her along.

I'll post a picture or two from home since my work's firewall seems to
block my cache of online photos

--
boisei
Old December 5th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JustOneWheel

Klaas Bil;1143826 wrote:
That's very cool. What does the "great progress" consist of?

Thanks.

For example:
My son Ziggy(27mo) started by holding my right hand (w/his right hand)
while I held the saddle with my left (being on his right side). He had
all the problems you would expect from a 27 month old trying to keeping
his feet on the pedals during a full rotation. His weight would be 100%
on my left hand holding the saddle.
After a group of 15-20 minute training sessions, the weight has slowly
decrease on my hand and I have begun to train him to realize the top of
the wheel and the pressure needed to stay there.
He is now riding both hands extended while I just hold the seat with a
reduced amount of his weight.
I'm not exactly sure if it will be weeks or a few months but, I will
have at least one of them riding before they turn 3.
I have a perfect record in my trainings. Out of dozens of people 5-63
years old, non have stopped before learning to ride. All learning within
5 hours.

For people 4yrs and older I have my patent pending Uni-Trainer to help
reduce the learning curve.

--
JustOneWheel

HAVE FUN ON _ONE_!
justonewheel.com
Old December 5th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boisei

JustOneWheel;1143894 wrote:
Thanks.

For example:
My son Ziggy(27mo) started by holding my right hand (w/his right hand)
while I held the saddle with my left (being on his right side). He had
all the problems you would expect from a 27 month old trying to keeping
his feet on the pedals during a full rotation. His weight would be 100%
on my left hand holding the saddle.
After a group of 15-20 minute training sessions, the weight has slowly
decrease on my hand and I have begun to train him to realize the top of
the wheel and the pressure needed to stay there.
He is now riding both hands extended while I just hold the seat with a
reduced amount of his weight.

That certainly gives some notion about how to proceed now that we've
established the basics of sitting on the uni

--
boisei
Old December 6th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rowan

I've thought about cutting down a 12" to allow shorter and younger
riders to learn, maybe one day when I have another 12" I will do it
(I've only got 2).

JustOneWheel;1143894 wrote:
For people 4yrs and older I have my patent pending Uni-Trainer to help
reduce the learning curve.

What's a Uni-Trainer?

--
Rowan