Before We See a Bike Friendly World

Old June 18th 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
jp1138

Default Big oil and small bikes

On 17 juin, 14:18, Pat wrote:

I read recently that "big oil" has been using people to infiltrate
newsgroups, blogs, and other internet-related "media" to convince
people that alternative energy is bad, unreliable, and environmentally
questionable so that we take it slow. In particular, they want to
disuade us from things like bikes and walking. They are using
marginally employed people and those of the fringes of society to do
this work.

So, ConandanteBanana, your gig is up. You've been exposed as a pawn
of the oil industry.

Your efforts to humiliate and embarass bicyclers is now shown for what
it's worth -- a feeble attempt to ridicule bicyclers with your absurd
statements and bizzare theories. You may have had a few people hold
bikers in distain because of your rantings, but now your motives are
clear, even that effect will wain because of your ties to big oil.

You are now, officially, the biggest sleeze I've ever seen. You're
disgusting.

Do you mind that I agree with you ? Like probably many others.

Yet, I wonder how many people read this newsgroup? Is it worth the
time, even for a trillion $ turnover company/cartel?

No doubt that there are opinion makers at work. Though here?

If they exist, they must all use the same methods -learnt at the same
course- this should help us to recognize them!

The best answer is to be more what they want us not to be: 'disgust
them harder than they try to disgust us '

We are enthusiastic, we should win!

Welcome aboard,

Sholly
Old June 18th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Jun 18, 7:46*am, jp1138 wrote:
On 17 juin, 14:18, Pat wrote:

[...]

Sholly- Hide quoted text -

I'm considering a multimillion dollar contract by GM to promote
foldable bikes.

I mean it, foldable bikes are a big part of the solution!

The world of "big and stupid" is under attack. "Small IS Better" says
the chihuahua...

http://blogs.metrowestdailynews.com/..._chihuahua.jpg
Old July 1st 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_11_]

Default The Banana March

"KingOfTheApes" Dang, but you're boring!

Yawn.