Kent Tandem Bicycle

Old July 1st 08, 09:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ryan Cousineau

Default Kent Tandem Bicycle

In article
,
landotter wrote:

On Jun 28, 3:06*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
mic'ing the ball bearings is a rather bizarre plan, but the dude was
clearly in there already to lube things up, so why not?

You had a different take on it than me. When I read that part, I was
thinking the review might be something of a spoof. Anyone that anal about
bearing diameters would either not be buying that bike or supplying his own
bearings.

Either way--for someone with a bunch of parts in the ****it buckit and
wheels in the rafters--a 250 tandem frame alone could be a fun
project--and the review was informative and hilarious at the same
time. I think it was unintentionally funny--unless the person was
playing to an intended crowd of engineers or something.

They actually have an even cheaper tandem for sale at Amazon which may
also be better. It's an MTB-based design from Pacific, and unlike the
Kent, it appears to use an eccentric BB to adjust chain tension rather
than the downmarket idler solution on the Kent.

$200, even a better side-project, and they'll ship the thing for free,
which is a ridiculously good deal.

Old July 2nd 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ZBicyclist

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
[...]

It's out of stock.
http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Dualie...ef=pd_sbs_sg_1

There's also a Mongoose for $299
http://www.amazon.com/Mongoose-Wande...ef=pd_sbs_sg_4

I've owned a 1970 Schwinn Twinn tandem since 1979, but my daughter
talked me into letting her take it to Philadelphia when I owned a
minivan, which it could be coaxed into with difficulty and
disassembly. Since I now own a Prius, I have resigned myself to
never getting it back. I miss it.

There's a certain coolness to a cheap tandem, as long as it isn't
unsafely made and you don't do anything stupid like try to do
RAGBRAI on it.

--
Mike Kruger

"viewed in retrospect, it is clear that it has been quite
predictable."
(David Runciman) "I'd only call it "predictable" if you actually
predict it ahead of time" (Andrew Gelman)

Duct tape tandem bicycle (?!) Justa Lurker General 0 June 14th 06 02:17 AM
Colson Tandem Bicycle peter Techniques 3 July 23rd 05 11:54 PM
FA: Cannondale RT1000 Tandem Road Bicycle [email protected] Marketplace 0 December 16th 04 11:25 PM
FA: Cannondale RT1000 Tandem Road Bicycle [email protected] Marketplace 0 December 12th 04 03:27 PM
Tandem Bicycle - Bushnell Medium 56-54 $1400 seattle, wa MattW Marketplace 2 October 20th 04 12:41 AM