Looking for 8 sp 105 STI's

Old April 16th 04, 12:25 PM
Robert Warren

Default Looking for 8 sp 105 STI's

My 105 8 speed shifters went out on me. I've check a couple of places
and was told that they are no longer made. Anyone know where I might
still be able to pick up a set of these?
Thanks,
Bob
Old April 16th 04, 01:46 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

wheels- My 105 8 speed shifters went out on me. I've check a couple of places
and was told that they are no longer made. BRBR

My supplier still has these, NOS but for the price($250) you could get
Campagnolo 9s shifters and rear der, a shimano 9s cogset and chain-

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old April 16th 04, 02:23 PM
Rick Onanian

On 16 Apr 2004 04:25:37 -0700, (Robert Warren)
wrote:
My 105 8 speed shifters went out on me. I've check a couple of places
and was told that they are no longer made. Anyone know where I might
still be able to pick up a set of these?

I think Modolo Morphos will work, although they're expensive and
their quality is questionable. See:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...e.cfm?SKU=5329

If you can't find replacements (try ebay), you can upgrade to 9
speed with only new shifters, cassette, and chain. Your derailer and
crank are compatible.
--
Rick Onanian
Old April 16th 04, 04:24 PM
CL

Shimano still makes 8 speed Sora. I see them on ebay quite often for under
$100. Try checking there.

m...

Old April 16th 04, 11:53 PM
Robert Warren

If you can't find replacements (try ebay), you can upgrade to 9
speed with only new shifters, cassette, and chain. Your derailer and
crank are compatible.

I have mountain bike spaceing on the bike (it's an older trek 520
touring frame with an XT hub). Will the 9 speed upgrade kit work with
the mountain bike hub?

Thanks,
Bob
Old April 17th 04, 03:49 PM
biciman

Bob,
A set of Ultegra 8 speed STI on eBay:

I also have a SORA STI 8 spd build kit with Alex wheels for about $300.

Old April 22nd 04, 08:12 PM
Bikewave

i have some 600s in great shape. any interest? $100