Kent Tandem Bicycle

Old June 27th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Kent Tandem Bicycle

Anyone know about the Kent Tandem Bicycle. I'm interested in how heavy
the whole bicycle is. Anyone own one. They seem too good to be true,
price wise.
Old June 27th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Jun 26, 9:48 pm, curly Bill wrote:
wrote:
Anyone know about the Kent Tandem Bicycle. I'm interested in how heavy
the whole bicycle is. Anyone own one. They seem too good to be true,
price wise.

I liked the reviews at amazon.comhttp://www.amazon.com/Kent-Dual-Drive-Tandem-Comfort/dp/B000LELCIE/re...

I would still like to know, if anyone knows how heavy the bike is,
thanks
Old June 27th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

wrote:
Anyone know about the Kent Tandem Bicycle. I'm interested in how heavy
the whole bicycle is. Anyone own one. They seem too good to be true,
price wise.

* I liked the reviews at amazon.comhttp://www.amazon.com/Kent-Dual-Drive-Tandem-Comfort/dp/B000LELCIE/re...

I would still like to know, if anyone knows how heavy the bike is,
thanks

Will you be having a cheap tandem weighing contest with your
neighbors? Or perhaps there's a county tandem fling-win-a-dinner-for-
two?
Old June 27th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

"curly Bill" wrote in message
| wrote:
| Anyone know about the Kent Tandem Bicycle. I'm interested in how heavy
| the whole bicycle is. Anyone own one. They seem too good to be true,
| price wise.
|
| I liked the reviews at amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Kent-Dual-Driv..._tdp_sv_edpp_i

That first review is hilarious! The guy actually measures the ball bearings
for tolerance? And talks about how much better this new tandem is than the
Columbia he had before?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old June 28th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ryan Cousineau

http://www.amazon.com/Kent-Dual-Driv...IE/ref=tag_tdp
_sv_edpp_i

That first review is hilarious! The guy actually measures the ball bearings
for tolerance? And talks about how much better this new tandem is than the
Columbia he had before?

It's funny, sure, but that review actually told you everything you'd
need to know about buying that bike, most notably that assembly (and
wheel truing...) is going to be a DIY affair.

As for the Columbia tandem, without more information, it's hard to say
if it was better or worse, but to the reviewer's credit, he did a 50 km
ride on it! I suspect 50 km is more than the lifetime mileage of a lot
of cheap tandems, possibly including my own.

mic'ing the ball bearings is a rather bizarre plan, but the dude was
clearly in there already to lube things up, so why not?

Old June 28th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

mic'ing the ball bearings is a rather bizarre plan, but the dude was
clearly in there already to lube things up, so why not?

You had a different take on it than me. When I read that part, I was
thinking the review might be something of a spoof. Anyone that anal about
bearing diameters would either not be buying that bike or supplying his own
bearings.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...

Old June 28th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Jun 28, 3:06*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
mic'ing the ball bearings is a rather bizarre plan, but the dude was
clearly in there already to lube things up, so why not?

You had a different take on it than me. When I read that part, I was
thinking the review might be something of a spoof. Anyone that anal about
bearing diameters would either not be buying that bike or supplying his own
bearings.

Either way--for someone with a bunch of parts in the ****it buckit and
wheels in the rafters--a 250 tandem frame alone could be a fun
project--and the review was informative and hilarious at the same
time. I think it was unintentionally funny--unless the person was
playing to an intended crowd of engineers or something.
Old June 29th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian Huntley

On Jun 28, 4:06*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
mic'ing the ball bearings is a rather bizarre plan, but the dude was
clearly in there already to lube things up, so why not?

You had a different take on it than me. When I read that part, I was
thinking the review might be something of a spoof. Anyone that anal about
bearing diameters would either not be buying that bike or supplying his own
bearings.

Don't you remember the $50 *mart bike tests here about 2 years ago?
Old July 1st 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

wrote:

mic'ing the ball bearings is a rather bizarre plan, but the dude was
clearly in there already to lube things up, so why not?

You had a different take on it than me. When I read that part, I was
thinking the review might be something of a spoof. Anyone that anal about
bearing diameters would either not be buying that bike or supplying his own
bearings.

Don't you remember the $50 *mart bike tests here about 2 years ago?

I would expect most of the comments will be from 'friends' of the
seller.

Duct tape tandem bicycle (?!) Justa Lurker General 0 June 14th 06 02:17 AM
Colson Tandem Bicycle peter Techniques 3 July 23rd 05 11:54 PM
FA: Cannondale RT1000 Tandem Road Bicycle [email protected] Marketplace 0 December 16th 04 11:25 PM
FA: Cannondale RT1000 Tandem Road Bicycle [email protected] Marketplace 0 December 12th 04 03:27 PM
Tandem Bicycle - Bushnell Medium 56-54 $1400 seattle, wa MattW Marketplace 2 October 20th 04 12:41 AM