2005 end of year stats.

Old December 29th 05, 03:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default 2005 end of year stats.

Cyclecommute: 3434 mi / 202 days
3720 total bike miles.
205 car-free days
145 unicycle miles. 0 unicyclecommuting miles.

..max

Old December 29th 05, 04:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

what does THIS button do? wrote:
Cyclecommute: 3434 mi / 202 days
3720 total bike miles.
205 car-free days
145 unicycle miles. 0 unicyclecommuting miles.

.max

Pretty impressive numbers. 205 car free days. Yeah Baby! Now if more
people did that. 3720 total bike miles, how many tires, chains,
cassettes etc, etc, etc? You didn't ride the unicycle for commuting?

Ken
--
[T]he bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting
calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles

Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

Old December 29th 05, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

what does THIS button do? wrote:
Cyclecommute: 3434 mi / 202 days
3720 total bike miles.
205 car-free days
145 unicycle miles. 0 unicyclecommuting miles.

Sounds like it's time for a Coker 36!

Robert

Old December 29th 05, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"what does THIS button do?" wrote in message
oups.com...
Cyclecommute: 3434 mi / 202 days
3720 total bike miles.
205 car-free days
145 unicycle miles. 0 unicyclecommuting miles.

.max

I managed 1003 miles. 1/2 on road & 1/2 on trainer.
Must try harder next year.

Old December 29th 05, 04:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

what does THIS button do? wrote:
Cyclecommute: 3434 mi / 202 days
3720 total bike miles.
205 car-free days
145 unicycle miles. 0 unicyclecommuting miles.

Why no commuting on the uni?!? Wussy

Bill "death wish (for others)" S.

Old December 29th 05, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Sorni wrote:
what does THIS button do? wrote:
Cyclecommute: 3434 mi / 202 days
3720 total bike miles.
205 car-free days
145 unicycle miles. 0 unicyclecommuting miles.

Why no commuting on the uni?!? Wussy

My skillz were wanting in 05 (newbie me). That was then. I'm ordering
the Coker 36" in Jan.

Old December 29th 05, 05:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

In article .com,
"what does THIS button do?" writes:
Cyclecommute: 3434 mi / 202 days
3720 total bike miles.
205 car-free days
145 unicycle miles. 0 unicyclecommuting miles.

I don't know exactly how many miles I got in over the
past year, but they were all pretty good.

I figured out some fairly arcane routes in the 'burbs.
My knowledge of the city & environs (except Surrey and
Delta BC) may be approaching that of a veteran cab driver.

This year I did my first multi-modal trip via SkyTrain (in
order to escape from Surrey BC and return to civilization.)

No wipeouts, no injuries (to me, but I managed to kill a
bike frame.)

Some swag I found includes:
- 1 clip-on sunglasses thingie
- 1 cheapo ladies watch
- 1 braided gold wire hoop earing
- 1 $5 bill
- many AA cells that still have enough juice to power a blinkie
- a roll of electrical tape -- the /good/ stuff

Every day was car-free.

I still have yet to master the hills of New Westminster BC.
But I'm still building a repertoire of workarounds about them.

My bike tan is already fading. I'm looking forward to
next year.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old December 29th 05, 06:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Sorni wrote:
what does THIS button do? wrote:
Cyclecommute: 3434 mi / 202 days
3720 total bike miles.
205 car-free days
145 unicycle miles. 0 unicyclecommuting miles.

Why no commuting on the uni?!? Wussy

My skillz were wanting in 05 (newbie me). That was then. I'm ordering
the Coker 36" in Jan.

I could stay up on one of those. {pause} IN A PADDED FREAKING PHONE BOOTH
MAYBE!

I still think the wildest pseudo "bike thing" I ever saw was a pair of
/mountain/ unicyclists clearing some pretty darned technical sections on the
trails up in Monterrey during a 24 hour event. Friggin' NUTS!

Wild, wild, wacky stuff...

(no) BS

Old December 29th 05, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Sorni wrote:

I still think the wildest pseudo "bike thing" I ever saw was a pair of
/mountain/ unicyclists clearing some pretty darned technical sections on the
trails up in Monterrey during a 24 hour event. Friggin' NUTS!

Wild, wild, wacky stuff...

I watched something on some cable channel with guys doing that I thought
these guys must have a few loose spokes or something, that is INSANE!

Ken