2006 Tour de France Winner?

Old May 1st 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Default 2006 Tour de France Winner?

mavilleavelo wrote:
On 1 mai, 04:24, Bill wrote:

Yes, Floyd Landis and some others are a shame for such a prestigious
event.
Once we dq the dopers, does Jimmy Caspar win?

Why are you so convinced that Landis, and by extension, Lance were doing
any doping? Is it just a case of France being a sore loser? We already
know how self righteous the French are, so how would they treat a French
winner?

They would treat him as Richard Virenque was! I am surprised you
pretend to talk about Tour de France knowing so litlle about its
recent history...

I rarely followed it before the Lance phenomenon.

I almost hate admitting to being part French.

Indeed, you don't look like deserving it.

Deserving, or being sentenced?

Bill Baka
TdF boycotter this year, and maybe forever.

Drugs users who boycott the prestigious Tour de France found
themselves the wright attitude to adopt, hopefuly forever, we don't
like cheaters. A bit of history: one of the first doping scandals
occurred on July 13, 1967. British cyclist Tom Simpson died climbing
Mont Ventoux following use of amphetamines. The amphetamines allowed
Simpson to pass his level of endurance and succumb to excessive
exhaustion.

That may be the one I heard about where the guys heart virtually
exploded from the extra effort. Taking Amphetamines at that point is
just about suicidal.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Doping_at_the_Tour_de_France)

French officials can no longer admit drugs users among competitors,
they are a shame for themselves and the nation they represent,
whatever the nation.

Amphetamines are a drug unto themselves, not like too much testosterone.

Richard Virenque, a french competitor, was caught with drugs and he
paid the price. The same goes for Foyd Landis or Lance Armstrong.

I kind of doubt that Lance was doing any doping and testosterone causes
a bit more than a performance gain. Too much testosterone and Landis
might have been punching out people.

Overly aggressive people tend to be testosterone cases.
Bill Baka
Old May 7th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bob

exhaustion. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Doping_at_the_Tour_de_France)
French officials can no longer admit drugs users among competitors,
they are a shame for themselves and the nation they represent,
whatever the nation.
Richard Virenque, a french competitor, was caught with drugs and he
paid the price. The same goes for Foyd Landis or Lance Armstrong.

If you believe that Tommy Simpson's death in '67 was "one of the
*first* doping scandals" in the TdF I'd suggest you not throw stones
at others for being unfamiliar with Tour history. BTW, there haven't
been national teams in the TdF for many years. Riders "represent" the
companies that sponsor their team.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old May 7th 07, 09:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

On 1 mai, 04:24, Bill wrote:

[...]

Apparently the op would ban coffee too, if it isn't already.
I think Lance and Floyd won on ability and not drugs.
I also think that Floyd got screwed by the European drug testing lab and
the French are really sore losers.
My 2 cents.
Bill Baka

Tour de France winner Jan Ullrich pedals away with 'Best Supporting' Oscar Gorgeous George Racing 10 March 8th 07 12:42 AM
Oscar Pereiro will be declared the winner of the 2006 Tour de France!!! Joe King Racing 1 August 5th 06 12:01 PM
2006 Tour de France on OLN Again? Von Fourche Racing 1 May 11th 06 06:59 PM
2006 Tour De France Bjay Australia 6 April 11th 05 06:59 PM
Tour de France. And the 5th stage winner is..... Marty Wallace Australia 2 July 9th 04 03:00 AM