*ping* Randy Kehrt

Old March 19th 09, 10:11 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_8_]

Default *ping* Randy Kehrt

Again with the binary posts. Usenet shouldn't be so hard to figure out.
Binary posting goes with binary domains like groups called
"alt.binaries.somethingorother". If it's not a binaries group it's
discourtious to post images directly. It is acceptable to post links,
however. Just set up a free account at a site like Photobucket, post your
images there and post the image link here. Also, many of us pay for metered
bandwidth to access Usenet and downloading huge images costs ¢¢¢. Even the
Usenet photogroups I subscribe to, which are binary groups, request file
sizes under 200kb, although there has been file size creep and some ppl post
300kb to 500kb files, and with the code overhead, your posts are over
3600kb. Image posting needn't be rocket science.

Here's how that works...a photo of my Earthcycles Sunset number 15/18.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...t/IMG_0003.jpg

gotbent, aka FRT rider.

Old March 19th 09, 11:28 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

No account needed he http://tinypic.com/.

post your
images there and post the image link here. Also, many of us pay for metered
bandwidth to access Usenet and downloading huge images costs ¢¢¢. Even the
Usenet photogroups I subscribe to, which are binary groups, request file
sizes under 200kb, although there has been file size creep and some ppl post
300kb to 500kb files, and with the code overhead, your posts are over
3600kb. Image posting needn't be rocket science.

Even this image of Tabby Cat Rocket Scientist?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19704682@N08/3028862328/

Here's how that works...a photo of my Earthcycles Sunset number 15/18.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...t/IMG_0003.jpg

A green sunset - how odd. Everyone knows in nature sunsets are light
purple: http://www.flickr.com/photos/19704682@N08/1939602865/.

What brand of work-stand and clamp is that?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old March 19th 09, 12:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_11_]

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Tom,

The stand is a Park PCS 9. The only drawback to the stand is the free to
pivot legs. There're built in stops, but if you somehow manage to unbalance
the stand so it wants to fall over backwards, just putting a foot on one of
the legs won't stop the catastrophe. The retaining clip that holds the jaw
pivot pin managed to vanish, but until Park sent me a free replacement, I
used a bit of twist tie wrapped around the groove in the pivot pin as a
retainer and it worked. I don't know how the current model in the product
line works, though. The Sunset and my Trice fit into the clamp quite
easily, but mounting the Speedmachine takes some creativity.

Doesn't it seem that orange was the most common color? NoCal Zach, Chitown
Freddy, Grasshopper and you all have orange models and I think under the
corroplast the Rev. Bruce's is orange too. I think there was even a pink one
in Canada before it came to Chicago for a brief stay.

gotbent, aka FRTrider.

Old March 21st 09, 01:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

"gotbent" aka FRT rider aka Gottfried Bentus wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
"gotbent" aka FRT rider aka Gottfried Bentus wrote:
[...]

Doesn't it seem that orange was the most common color? NoCal Zach, Chitown
Freddy, Grasshopper and you all have orange models and I think under the
corroplast the Rev. Bruce's is orange too. I think there was even a pink one
in Canada before it came to Chicago for a brief stay.

Shean wrote that 20 Sunsets were made. I believe I have the only light
purple one, and one of three red ones. But orange is by far the most
common color.