Pavement cyclist mows down small child

Old May 12th 13, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Pavement cyclist mows down small child

A FIVE-year-old boy suffered injuries to his face, head and shoulders after
he was hit by a teenage cyclist who was riding on the pavement.

http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?id=38895

Old May 12th 13, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 12/05/2013 07:28, Mrcheerful wrote:

A FIVE-year-old boy suffered injuries to his face, head and shoulders after
he was hit by a teenage cyclist who was riding on the pavement.

http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?id=38895

It can't have happened. We were told only yesterday (it might have been
in "another newsgroup") that cyclists who abuse footways always take
exceptional care near pedestrians.
Old May 13th 13, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sun, 12 May 2013 11:17:17 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On 12/05/2013 07:28, Mrcheerful wrote:

A FIVE-year-old boy suffered injuries to his face, head and shoulders
after he was hit by a teenage cyclist who was riding on the pavement.

http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?id=38895

It can't have happened. We were told only yesterday (it might have been
in "another newsgroup") that cyclists who abuse footways always take
exceptional care near pedestrians.

The use of the absolute word "always" makes that statement false.
Old May 13th 13, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 13/05/2013 09:30, Peter Keller wrote:

On Sun, 12 May 2013 11:17:17 +0100, JNugent wrote:
On 12/05/2013 07:28, Mrcheerful wrote:

A FIVE-year-old boy suffered injuries to his face, head and shoulders
after he was hit by a teenage cyclist who was riding on the pavement.

http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?id=38895

It can't have happened. We were told only yesterday (it might have been
in "another newsgroup") that cyclists who abuse footways always take
exceptional care near pedestrians.

The use of the absolute word "always" makes that statement false.

Many thanks.

I'm happy to have "always" amended to "invariably".
Old May 14th 13, 01:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 13 May 2013 10:22:02 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On 13/05/2013 09:30, Peter Keller wrote:

On Sun, 12 May 2013 11:17:17 +0100, JNugent wrote:
On 12/05/2013 07:28, Mrcheerful wrote:

A FIVE-year-old boy suffered injuries to his face, head and shoulders
after he was hit by a teenage cyclist who was riding on the pavement.

http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?id=38895

It can't have happened. We were told only yesterday (it might have
been in "another newsgroup") that cyclists who abuse footways always
take exceptional care near pedestrians.

The use of the absolute word "always" makes that statement false.

Many thanks.

I'm happy to have "always" amended to "invariably".

Another absolute word --
And besides I have seen pavement bicyclists not even see pedestrians, not
slow down etc -- grrrr.