KH 2007 hub and the DX bearings

Old October 11th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Seager

Default KH 2007 hub and the DX bearings

Am I correct in assuming that because of the wonky ISIS bearings that
the new KH 2007's will not be able to be put on a unicycles with 40mm
bearing holders using the DX bearings like the 2005/2006's were able
to?

DX bearings are 20mm ID and 40mm OD. (KH 2006 were 20mm ID and 42mm
OD, and Profiles are 19mm ID 40mm OD)

Any ideas for putting the KH 2007 cranks on a unicycles designed for a
40mm suzue/profiles hub?

(Not like I could ever find the DX bearings anyway)

--
Seager

'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com) | 'Unexpected Failure
Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com) | 'Moab'
(http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

Old October 11th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisk8r

I've got a pair of 20mm ID / 40mm OD bearings, slightly used, that I'd
sell ya.
How about $8.00 (half price)? PM for info if you wish.

--
unisk8r
unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660

Old October 11th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Seager

This brings up the question - if I buy the above bearings can I buy the
2007 KH and expect it to work? or do I need to find the 2006 model
somewhere?

Old October 11th 06, 12:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pdc

What is the ID for the Isis setup?

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old October 11th 06, 12:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

the bearings ive got for my koxx have an ID of like 26mm, and theyre on
like a shim thing.

if that helps

--
iridemymuni

munipsycho wrote:
Just a bit of advice: never vomit while wearing a full-face helmet.

irvinegr wrote:
haha i just thaught it was funny the title is "3th movie"

pixystix6 wrote:
oo give him and intising lap dance while he rubs pasteries all over you

'Bike Coalition!!' (www.bikecoalition.com)
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old October 11th 06, 12:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomtrevor

my cranks have 42mm bearings and my frame has 40mm bearing holders. i
was gonna buy some DX bearings for it but i couldnt find any anywhere.
so i just left it and it works fine. i havent had any problems with it
at all.

--
tomtrevor

'A GALLERY!!'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=196944)
'KEEPIN' IT WHEEL' (www.mediahug.com/bikes)
THE UNICYCLE BIBLE

I hate going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're
next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at
funerals.
'g' (http://www.google.com.au/)'o' (http://www.google.com.br/)'o'
(http://www.google.co.uk/)'g' (http://www.google.com.ni/)'l'
(http://www.google.to/)'i' (http://www.google.ch/)'n'
(http://www.google.com.mt/)'g' (http://www.google.com.na/)'s'
(http://www.google.rw/)'!'
(http://www.google.com.do/)'t'
(http://mediahug.com/bikes/?page_id=26)'o'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliced_bread)'m'
(http://www.funnyjunk.com/)''s'
(http://www.freelineskates.com/) 'R'
(http://www.tlb.org/Park-all.lowbw.mpg)'a'
(http://www.burntfaceman.com/)n'd'
(http://tinyurl.com/c1as)'o'
(http://www.cheese.com)'m'
(http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v0)
'L'
(http://www.mediahug.com/bikes/)i'n'
(http://www.mediahug.com/almax/)k'a'
(http://www.bakedbeans.com)'g'
(http://www.joecartoon.com/)e's'
(http://www.break.com/)
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

Old October 11th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

my koxx isis has a 22mm axle.

got a shim on that and what appears to be a 25mm ID bearing.

--
iridemymuni

Old October 11th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forget_your_life

Seager wrote:
(Not like I could ever find the DX bearings anyway)

i brought 6 pairs to Salem after one phone call..they are not hard to
get.

--
forget_your_life

dream one dream many....
*'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558

Old October 12th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Seager

forget_your_life wrote:
i brought 6 pairs to Salem after one phone call..they are not hard to
get.

Really? The assumption that they were hard to find was based on things
I -thought- I'd rembered you saying earlier. Would you mind pming me
some details on how to get a bunch delivered to Eugene?

Oh, and since I have your attention, do you think they'll work with the
KH 2007? You tend to know about stuff like that.

Old October 12th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peter.bier

pdc wrote:
What is the ID for the Isis setup?

Depends on the brand. Koxx have already been mentioned. KH and Qu-ax
ISIS systems both use an unusual size bearing specially produced by
Qu-ax. It has an OD of 42mm, width of 12mm and a larger inside
diameter than the ones that came on the KH06 hubs. From a glance I
would say it looked like an ID of 22mm. I will try and get the vernier
callipers out and check tomorrow.

I think it is extremely unlikely you will find any 40mm OD bearings
that would fit on the new KH 07 hub.

--
peter.bier

-Peter Bier