Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Original 1994 model, NEW!! - $750

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 8th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Dan H

Default Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Original 1994 model, NEW!! - $750

Posting for a pal. Do not reply.

'http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/bik/201593092.html'
(http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/bik/201593092.html)
This is Specialized's original Stumpjumper FSR full suspension mountain
bike, circa 1994. It's a 19" size frame, measured center to top. This
one's been in a virtual time warp, having been stored in a temperature
controlled warehouse since new, ridden perhaps twice in the 12 years
that have passed since it was pulled out of the box. It is in like new
condition with no discernable wear whatsoever. All of the components
are Shimano XT, 24 speed drivetrain with Rapidfire shifters, upgraded
with a full component group set to replace the low end LX stuff that
came on it. The front forks are Specialized's "Works" carbon fiber
air/oil long travel (by 1994 standards) units, which replaced the stock
aluminum forks, and the rear shock is a Fox air/oil ALPS4 which was
original equipment. Mavic rims laced to DT double-butted spokes were
custom built for it by a friend with over 30 years of wheel building
experience, and countless other small details and add ons make this a
real eye-catching ride. Clearly, when I bought this bike, I wanted to
upgrade it and personalize it to meet my own personal standards, but
never really got into the mountain bike thing, so it just hang in my
building all this time. I need to move it to free up some room for my
other hobbies, so it's priced to sell. The rear shock loses air
pressure slowly due to having sat unused for so long, but should this
should improve or fix itself once its put to use, otherwise it may
require service. But its really just fine the way it is, needing a few
pumps of air before a weekend ride. Nothing else is needed...it's truly
ready to roll. I've invested over $2,500 in this bike...look at the
parts list and compare that to what $700-800 buys you now. Pretty much
nothing. This is a real bargain and worth a look! Please feel free to
email me or call to set up a time to come look at it. I'm not
interested in any trades, but may consider a reasonable best offer.
Many Thanks, Dom.
(503)332-8631 cell

--
Dan H