Pain from riding

Old September 28th 03, 10:06 PM
Jean

Default Pain from riding

At one time, I found a great web site that helped you adjust your position
on your bike by looking at the pain you were experiencing. I can no longer
find the link to the page. Does anyone have any references to sites that
relate biking pain (eg, knee, back, calves, ankles, etc.) to one's position
on the bike? (Note: I'm already aware of Sheldon's info on this topic.)

Thanks,

Jean

Old September 29th 03, 01:46 AM
Tom

The following web site is about 'setting up a road bike or mountain bike'
and if you probe around on it in regards to seat height, angle, and
forward/back position and reach it will talk about pain in the shoulders,
neck, etc.
http://www.wobblenaught.com/fit/bikesetup.php

Tom

Old September 29th 03, 05:03 AM
BretCahill

Try mixing riding with other activities like
swimming.

One is interesting -- the world is your living
room -- but gets uncomfortable after an
hour or so..

The other is pleasant for about 20 minutes
before you get bored as hell looking at a
stupid black stripe.

Bret Cahill

Old September 30th 03, 11:54 PM
Elmo Spam King

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:06:16 -0700, Jean wrote:

At one time, I found a great web site that helped you adjust your
position on your bike by looking at the pain you were experiencing. I
can no longer find the link to the page. Does anyone have any references
to sites that relate biking pain (eg, knee, back, calves, ankles, etc.)
to one's position on the bike? (Note: I'm already aware of Sheldon's
info on this topic.)

I think what you're trying to find is Sheldon Brown's "Where does it
HURT?" page.

Sheldon's got it all.

Enjoy.
Elmo King.