Dog Story

Old September 14th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Dog Story

This past Month I was out riding the trail that runs arounds the lake.
Its a nice paved trail. abouut 10' wide. I seemed to be the only one
out on it early in the morning so I was cranking up the speed. In a
field, off in the disatnce I saw a gal walking her dog. As I got closer
to her the dog finally took notice of me as well. It was not on a leash
and came bounding over, barking. There was not really much that I could
do but try to avoid it so I ended up ridining off the trail, put my
front wheel into a ditch and went over the handlebars. Dazed, I was
laying on the ground and there was this stupid big golden retreiver
licking my face and one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen on
her knees next to me leaning over me. "I'm so sorry. she says, is there
anything, anything at all that I can do?" Im such an idiot! I just
said "let me check my bike" it was fine. I seemed to be ok so I got on
and continued my ride. It wasn't til later that I really began to think
about what she had said to me.

Phil

Old September 15th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Raptor

wrote:
[...]

You let a golden retriever freak you out? You deserve to miss a hot date.

--
Lynn Wallace
http://www.xmission.com/~lawall
Old September 15th 06, 08:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Raptor wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I suppose he should look at the whole episode in some sort of light
that makes him not kick himself every time he thinks about it. The dog
owner could have been a she-male or had some other type of baggage that
would have kept it from being a happily-ever-after type of thing.

Joseph

Old September 16th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Roger Zoul

wrote:
[...]

Hmm.....I'd show up on that same trail everyday wearing a leg cast and neck
brace. Go real slow. Wait for her. When she sees you, look real pitiful.

Old September 16th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Raptor

wrote:
Raptor wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Yeah, you're right. It's a tear-jerker any way you look at it.

Old September 16th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Mike Kruger

wrote in message
ps.com...

I suppose he should look at the whole episode in some sort of light
that makes him not kick himself every time he thinks about it. The dog
owner could have been a she-male or had some other type of baggage that
would have kept it from being a happily-ever-after type of thing.

Was she holding grapes? I bet they were sour