Is Drillium Cool Again?

Old June 23rd 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Is Drillium Cool Again?

On Jun 23, 2:16*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:52:50 -0500, AMuzi wrote:
RonSonic wrote:
Has drillium reached the age of retro cool?
Or is it not yet time for it to appear again?
I'm refitting an old bike and need to know whether to break out the drill press
and start jigging things.

The bar is higher now:
http://www.raydobbins.com/ebay/bike-...s_for_sale.htm

Got a couple hundred hours to spare?

Dear Andrew,

I really like the way the insides of the big holes in the crank ends
have been further lightened by very fine spiral fluting.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

It is odd to have such a complete period bike but no pedals. With all
of the other Super Record parts on the bike one would think they would
have matching pedals, titanium spindles of course, and Alfredo Binda
Extra straps.
Old June 23rd 09, 09:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

RonSonic wrote:
Has drillium reached the age of retro cool?
Or is it not yet time for it to appear again?
I'm refitting an old bike and need to know whether to break out the drill press
and start jigging things.

The bar is higher now:
http://www.raydobbins.com/ebay/bike-...s_for_sale.htm

Got a couple hundred hours to spare?

Dear Andrew,

I really like the way the insides of the big holes in the crank ends
have been further lightened by very fine spiral fluting.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

It is odd to have such a complete period bike but no pedals. With all
of the other Super Record parts on the bike one would think they would
have matching pedals, titanium spindles of course, and Alfredo Binda
Extra straps.

Dear Ron,

Next you'll want something stuffed into the water bottle cage.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old June 23rd 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

RonSonic wrote:
[...]

Carl Fogel- Hide quoted text -

Ron?

From the website posted by Andy towards the very bottom:

"I will include this vintage Gios bottle (by Mariplast of Italy), and
the small bottle of Gios touch up paint (with integrated brush) that I
bought from Excel Sports."

If you're going to do something, do it right. Don't cut corners.