Want to know more about the bicycles

Old August 15th 03, 05:04 AM
Zhang Li Yun

Default Want to know more about the bicycles

Hi all

I want to know more about the bicycles, such as what are the suitable size,
feature for road bike? And what are the other accessories i need to prepare
for cycling?

Thank you

Old August 17th 03, 03:32 PM
Luther Blissett

Zhang Li Yun wrote:
Hi all

I want to know more about the bicycles, such as what are the suitable size,
feature for road bike? And what are the other accessories i need to prepare
for cycling?

Thank you

Best to get thee to the local reputable bike shop. They would be best to
advise what suits your budget.Where are you located? We could recommend
some shops.

As well as the bike as a bare minimum you will need a helmet, a pump and
a puncture repair kit.

--
Cheers
LB

Old August 17th 03, 05:45 PM
Andy G

also,
what kind of riding do you wish to do?
here in the country it is ideal for mountain biking

in the city a faster bike might be better.

the best feature for good cycling is strong legs!
Once you are proficient at riding and have an appreciation of the machine
you are on and know what you want to do
then you will know what to get.
a good secondhand machine fitted by a reputable bike shop will do.

Old August 18th 03, 01:37 AM
Deep Flayed Mares

Luther Blissett wrote in
message ...
Zhang Li Yun wrote:
Hi all

I want to know more about the bicycles, such as what are the suitable

size,
feature for road bike? And what are the other accessories i need to

prepare
for cycling?

Thank you

Best to get thee to the local reputable bike shop. They would be best to
advise what suits your budget.Where are you located? We could recommend
some shops.

As well as the bike as a bare minimum you will need a helmet, a pump and
a puncture repair kit.

If it's mainly urban riding you are planning, I would say you don't need a
pump and puncture repair kit as much as front / rear lights, and a good
lock. I would also put mudguards higher on the list of necessities too.

With reasonable tires, punctures should be rare, and service stations has
pumps which are usually free.
---
DFM

Old August 18th 03, 11:53 AM
Spider1977

Zhang Li Yun, having spent a considerable amount of time in China, which
is where I assume you are from, good luck. I've seen millions of
bicycles in China, but I'm yet to see a decent road bike (come to that
there aren't many decent roads for riding a good road bike on, but the
potential is there). If you live anywhere away from the big cities on
the east coast of China, you'll be taking your life into your own hands.
The trucks are overloaded and omnipresent, car drivers have no regard
for road rules and cyclists are very vulnerable.

It's sad to see the demise of the bicycle as a means of transport in
China. More and more cars are on the road every day and cyclists are
gradually being squeezed out of their dominant position on the roads,
especially in urban areas.

I'm sure there are good road bike made in China and it might take a bit
of searching to find a manufacturer and sales agent. Then you have the
issue of security of your beautiful machine, if you buy one.

Good luck with your search.

Old August 18th 03, 01:01 PM
Gary K

Spider1977 wrote:

[...]

China?
The original posting is from the Uni of WA...