rim - tire?

Old July 5th 18, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default rim - tire?

On 29/06/18 12:04, Emanuel Berg wrote:
How do I measure a rim in order to find out
what tire (clincher) will fit?

Both practically (how to get the size) and then
how to convert it into suitable tire
designations/dimensions?

Find out what size tyre fits the rim, read the numbers off the side
wall, jobs'a'goddun!

Old July 5th 18, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Tosspot wrote:

Find out what size tyre fits the rim, read
the numbers off the side wall, jobs'a'goddun!

I suppose it is beneficial to know how to do it
in theory, to derive the tire size from just
examining the rim with measuring tools.

You know the motto of the UK secret service?
"Knowledge gives the hands strength".

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573