Trails in San Luis Obispo County

Old June 26th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Trails in San Luis Obispo County

I am heading up to Morro Bay this week end and am bringing the Muni.
Wondered if anyone here know any good trails for a not great rider. I
like stuff fairly technical but not ridiculous!! Appreciate any help.

--
jrdugueod

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!"
jrdugueod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12054

Old June 27th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I'm curious as well. I make it over to that area occassionally, and
have done some mountain biking in steep terrain up on Cuesta Ridge not
too far from there. Hopefully someone out there can chime in about
MUNI-friendly trails...

Here's a two links that might help:

http://www.parksman.com/cerro.html

http://www.cpslowheelmen.org/mountain.html

-Aaron

--
aneedles

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
aneedles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12542

Old June 27th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I've never ridden up there, but Geoladders has 6 trails listed:
http://tinyurl.com/m7695

The nice thing about Geoladders is that it has detailed descriptions of
the trail - including type (loop, out & back, etc), map, elevation,
difficulty and length for each trail, plus reviews and often a photo
tour. It's the best SoCal site I've found for mountain bike trail
discovery.

Check it out for the OC too...there's 100 trails listed:
http://tinyurl.com/zmfpy

--
entropy

Shut up and ride.
entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816

Old June 27th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I checked out geoladders earlier and that Rock Garden trail sounds fun.
I'll do that for sure. I remember doing some hiking on Madonna Mtn
that was fun so will check that out too.

Old June 27th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Aaron

Old June 27th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Aaron, Those links were a good tip, I printed maps of all those routes
and will be exploring this week end!