Aldi cycling gear

Old April 27th 08, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

Default Aldi cycling gear

It's that time again:
http://uk.aldi.com/uk/html/offers/of...thursday08.htm
Jacket, gilet, shorts, bibshorts, shirt, underwear, gloves, socks,
lock, computer, glasses, saddle, pumps, toolbag.
Old April 28th 08, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Steph Peters

(Alan Braggins) of University of Cambridge,
England wrote:

It's that time again:
http://uk.aldi.com/uk/html/offers/of...thursday08.htm
Jacket, gilet, shorts, bibshorts, shirt, underwear, gloves, socks,
lock, computer, glasses, saddle, pumps, toolbag.

Anyone know what the size equivalents for the women's clothing is? S-L
isn't terribly useful, not knowing whether that's a typical cycle clothing
set of sizes, or normal clothes sizes.
--
Steph Peters
Chorlton Wanderers Cycling Group
Old April 29th 08, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave

England wrote:

It's that time again:
http://uk.aldi.com/uk/html/offers/of...thursday08.htm
Jacket, gilet, shorts, bibshorts, shirt, underwear, gloves, socks,
lock, computer, glasses, saddle, pumps, toolbag.

Anyone know what the size equivalents for the women's clothing is? S-L
isn't terribly useful, not knowing whether that's a typical cycle clothing
set of sizes, or normal clothes sizes.
--

Off the top of my head I don't know - but I have previously bought stuff for
both myself and the wife and the clothing does have the sizes on the label,

Dave

Old May 1st 08, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
scott135

On Apr 27, 9:30*pm, (Alan Braggins) wrote:
It's that time again:http://uk.aldi.com/uk/html/offers/of...thursday08.htm
Jacket, gilet, shorts, bibshorts, shirt, underwear, gloves, socks,
lock, computer, glasses, saddle, pumps, toolbag.

Never been disappointed with Aldi gear until this morning when I
arrived in the Manchester store at 8:10am only to find almost the
entire cycling stock heaped into two trolleys by a couple of market
traders. I went away empty-handed.
Why don't they introduce a reasonable quantity limit per customer?
Old May 1st 08, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave

"scott135" wrote in message
On Apr 27, 9:30 pm, (Alan Braggins) wrote:
It's that time
again:http://uk.aldi.com/uk/html/offers/of...thursday08.htm
Jacket, gilet, shorts, bibshorts, shirt, underwear, gloves, socks,
lock, computer, glasses, saddle, pumps, toolbag.

Never been disappointed with Aldi gear until this morning when I
arrived in the Manchester store at 8:10am only to find almost the
entire cycling stock heaped into two trolleys by a couple of market
traders. I went away empty-handed.
Why don't they introduce a reasonable quantity limit per customer?

It is just a pity that the gear is reasonable quality for the price and some
people are willing to pay a little more - otherwise they would be stuck with
it and be out of pocket.

Dave

Old May 1st 08, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark T[_2_]

scott135 writtificated

Why don't they introduce a reasonable quantity limit per customer?

It would prolly be worth a letter to their head office and the store -
there's little benefit to them of selling the stock to just two people so
they'd be likely to do something.

Old May 1st 08, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_3_]

On Thu, 01 May 2008 01:03:53 -0700, scott135 wrote:

Never been disappointed with Aldi gear until this morning when I
arrived in the Manchester store at 8:10am only to find almost the
entire cycling stock heaped into two trolleys by a couple of market
traders. I went away empty-handed.
Why don't they introduce a reasonable quantity limit per customer?

Will they be getting more stock in? If it all fitted in 2 trolleys it
sounds like they didn't have much of it put out.

When I've been to Lidl they've always had loads of cycling kit several
days after the offers started, maybe it just wasn't that popular at the
stores I went to.

peter
Old May 2nd 08, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Steph Peters

"Dave" of wrote:
Never been disappointed with Aldi gear until this morning when I
arrived in the Manchester store at 8:10am only to find almost the
entire cycling stock heaped into two trolleys by a couple of market
traders. I went away empty-handed.
Why don't they introduce a reasonable quantity limit per customer?

Plenty in Didsbury at 9am. Also I find that the branch in Burnage on
Kingsway sells out of their offers more slowly.

I came away with an orange waterproof jacket, a startlingly pink windproof
and shower resistant jacket, a pink short-sleeved top and a pair of shorts.
The shorts are weird; the padded insert seems wider than normal,
uncomfortably so when just trying the shorts on. I'll give them a proper
try out on the bike but they may not be any use.
Old May 3rd 08, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_3_]

On Fri, 02 May 2008 23:11:45 +0100, Steph Peters wrote:

The shorts are weird; the padded insert seems wider than normal,
uncomfortably so when just trying the shorts on. I'll give them a proper
try out on the bike but they may not be any use.

I bought some Lusso shorts (not from Aldi) which sound similar. They're
great while on a bike and they're OK when walking although they look
rather odd.

peter

Aldi cycling stuff Geoff Pearson UK 9 April 26th 07 01:15 PM
Aldi cycling clothing BT Humble Australia 19 February 2nd 07 08:52 AM
Aldi cycling gear LSMike UK 7 March 31st 06 06:33 PM
Aldi winter gear All I Said Was UK 11 September 30th 05 09:35 PM
Aldi cycling clothing. Peter B UK 5 July 26th 04 10:30 PM