best crank length for trials?

Old October 8th 08, 11:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joepufferman

Default best crank length for trials?

like the title states what's the best length cranks for trials and why?i
have a nimbus trials with 125 moments right now.any info would be good
thanks.

--
joepufferman
Old October 8th 08, 11:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hansc

Do you think you're the first one to ask that question? No? Then
'search' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sea...archid=726699)!

--
hansc
Old October 8th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joepufferman

ya i tried that and came up empty thanks for your usefull tip.

--
joepufferman
Old October 8th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hansc

Hm. Why doesn't my link work anymore?

Anyway. Go to "Advanced Search". In the options, choose "Search Titles
Only" and enter relevant keywords, such as "trials crank" (without the
"").

--
hansc
Old October 8th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

145s.

--
Jerrick

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Old October 8th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

Jerrick;1109701 wrote:
145s.

or 137s or 140s. Anything longer/shorter sucks.

--
Danni
Old October 8th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

And now we have our answer.

Personal preference.

I ride 137s, and have been for a while, before that it was about a year
or something on 125s. But was I ride 145 and 150s, they feel so much
better. Really depends on your body type. For me, naturally, with legs
about shoulder length apart, I jump and feel the most balanced, where as
my friend, likes to keep his feet very close, and likes shorter cranks
for trials.

I just need to make sure the seat is high, otherwise my legs have to
move in too big of a circle and it kills my riding. 150s with the seat
touching the seat tube is horrid.

Old October 8th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
_Ground_Zero_

140ish is the community favorite it seems like.

--
_Ground_Zero_

-Zero
)-2xLegwrap-O 3rd
Old October 8th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Magixause

hansc;1109685 wrote:
Hm. Why doesn't my link work anymore?

Anyway. Go to "Advanced Search". In the options, choose "Search Titles
Only" and enter relevant keywords, such as "trials crank" (without the
"").

How bout we take the time that we could use being an idiot about
someone making a topic and use it to answer the question!

I ride 140 Tensiles for trials and I love them. I had a DX before so
the Tensiles feel wayyyy better.

--
Magixause

Aaron Bickel
Old October 8th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

Most people ride around 140's, but as others have said before me it all
falls to personal preference. I curently ride 125's and am thinking
about switching back to 140's and eventually I'll probably buy some
130's which weren't really an option before unless you got into the 200
dollar range.

--
Michaelgoround