Austin, TX bike shops - opinions?

Old March 30th 04, 09:58 PM
Dhananjay Adhikari

Default Austin, TX bike shops - opinions?

Hi,

I would like to solicit some opinions on the local bike shops in Austin,
TX if someone has them. Specially useful will be the cases where people
have had really good / bad experience with a shop / staff.

Thanks,
Old March 31st 04, 05:34 AM
onefred

"Dhananjay Adhikari" wrote in message
due.edu...

Hi,

I would like to solicit some opinions on the local bike shops in Austin,
TX if someone has them. Specially useful will be the cases where people
have had really good / bad experience with a shop / staff.

Thanks,

I've dealt w/new revolution cycles b4. I'm not sure about that spelling but
the owner's name is James Webb, a nice fellow.

Dave

Old March 31st 04, 11:45 PM
flatline

As an Austin resident, I think I can answer this question. I have
three favorite shops.
Nelo's Pro Cycles is a great shop for customized work and personal
treatment. I've had them rebend a trashed rear derailleur hangar for
me and they did a great job. My friends all love the work Nelo's
does. A bit pricey but worth it. Small shop with limited stock.
I also recommend Bicycle Sports Shop. Good repairs, knowledgeable
staff. More stock than Nelo's. They've done good work on my wheels.
The local REI outlet has a good bike department but not as much
emphasis on high-end product. The staff is honest. I go there for
slightly lower prices than the other shops, a 10 percent yearly
rebate, and fast turn-around on things like installing bottom
brackets and headsets that I don't have the skill for.

r.b.

Old April 1st 04, 12:06 AM
Robert Canon

The guys at Ozone worked with my girlfriend to put together a bike that
would work with her extra low stand-over and be suitable for loaded touring.
MTB frame with swapped in rigid fork, Salsa Poco drop bars, barend
shifters... A friend recently bought a CrossCheck from them and was very
happy. They are the kind of shop that thinks any bike is a cool bike, not
just the latest marketing trend in the roadie world.

Old April 2nd 04, 12:13 AM
Gopi Sundaram

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Dhananjay Adhikari wrote:

I would like to solicit some opinions on the local bike shops in Austin,
TX if someone has them.

I deal with Bicycle Sport Shop all the time, and they're great.
Knowledgeable staff, not too pushy, and lots of community involvement.

Opinions on a Raleigh Sport 2004 road bike Jeff C General 6 March 19th 04 04:44 AM
Which type of bike? Your opinions please. Chris Hansen General 3 January 16th 04 12:10 PM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM
I'm tired of crappy local bike shops Buck General 19 September 22nd 03 11:19 PM