a question from a newbie

Old January 14th 05, 08:11 PM
foots

What model is your Specialized?

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:22:40 GMT, wrote:

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:38:41 GMT, "James Noll"
wrote:

I am getting interested in getting back to bicycling as a form of excercise
and recreation. I was told by a friend that is really into cycling that in
order to really get a good bike, you need to spend just over $1000 with
special seat and clothing and shoes, etc. Is this true? I am considering a
"Road Bike" or perhaps a "Hybrid".

Secondly, he told me that Giant is a good brand bike. I have never heard of
them.

Thirdly, what are some bike brands that dont require a huge investment, yet
have features that make biking enjoyable, yet efficient?

Thank you for helping a newbis...

James

I paid $500 for my Specialized, bought with the same intentions, 3
years ago.

I ride it almost every other day in the summer on gravel roads and
trails.

Couldn't be happier.

Newbie question about tubes and tyres Andy UK 6 July 8th 04 09:05 PM
Newbie question The Old Fogey UK 4 April 28th 04 06:07 PM
Stupid Newbie Question ? Flak Monkey UK 1 January 12th 04 08:07 PM
newbie question re shifting Richard Stanz General 1 October 13th 03 12:05 AM
Stupid newbie question about lightening bike *John* Mountain Biking 14 September 19th 03 03:39 PM