The Trails are Open

Old December 12th 19, 04:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default The Trails are Open

I had a check-up this morning, and didn't fancy having to take off six
layers to show the doctor my toenail, so I drove.

I took the opportunity to go to Martin's and Aldi to stock up on heavy
stuff, and was not at all happy walking to the stores and back in my
hooded jacket.

I'd intended to re-arrange things when putting my Aldi purchases into
the car, to consolidate the frozen food, sort out stuff mixed together
by the bagger at Martin's, and find spaces in partly-filled bags for
the stuff that was loose in the cart after I ran out of bags, but the
wind was so bloomin' cold that I threw things in any way I could.

The falling snow was getting heavier as I drove home, and each flake
blew around separately; I don't know how cold it was, but that snow
was hard and brittle. I parked in the garage when I got back -- I
usually leave putting the car away to Dave, who is a more-experienced
driver. Took me an hour to put stuff away, and I left the seltzer in
the trunk.

I was really glad that I'd chickened out of riding.

Winona Lake's Old Chicago Boys' Club mountain-bike trails have been
closed ever since a heavy rain. When I checked the bike-clubs web
site this evening, today's post said

Trails are Open

Barkey December 10, 2019

Enjoy a very brisk ride today.

I wonder where I put my lobster-claw mittens?

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGESEW/

"Lack of Open Trails Causes Illegal Mountain Biking" Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 0 December 6th 07 04:41 PM
"Lack of Open Trails Causes Illegal Mountain Biking" Mike Vandeman Social Issues 0 December 6th 07 04:41 PM
Mavic Open Pro, Open Pro CD, Ceramic RS Techniques 76 May 18th 07 09:37 PM
Trails OPEN! CB Mountain Biking 7 May 5th 07 04:46 AM
trails at Santas Village, and other Ontario trails Micheal Artindale Mountain Biking 0 August 12th 04 12:59 AM