Any Unicyclists Vegetarian/Vegan?

Old December 11th 04, 03:18 AM
TrialsUni

Default Any Unicyclists Vegetarian/Vegan?

Hi,

I was just randomly curious as to how may people unicycle that are
either vegan or vegetarian.

I've been vegetarian since the tail end of August of this year, and I
ride urban trials. I haven't found riding a problem...I get fatigued
after hours of trials...but that's it. My wounds heal normally, and
aren't created easily. (My only problems are the mental blocks of the
psyche)

I would post this in "just conversation," but I'm also wondering what
people's inputs are on this form of lifestyle in regards to riding,
especially for the more aggresive aspects of the sport.

Later,

Evan

--
TrialsUni - Urban Trials Rider
TrialsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7986

Old December 11th 04, 03:22 AM
muniracer

http://tinyurl.com/3wum7

ive been vegan for i while, i guess almost 3 years by now. if anything,
its advantageous, because of the lower fat/cholesteral intake.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Old December 11th 04, 03:45 AM
steveyo

Brown rice w/beans or tofu, baby (with lotsa garlic).
Peanut butter and dense whole wheat bread.

I'm not strictly veggie - I eat things that had faces sometimes, not
often enough to make a difference - and I've played competitive ultimate
(a _slightly_ active sport) for 21 years without noticing reduced
output.

What's your diet like? Do you eat combos like the above - mixes of
whole grains and bean-type stuff?

--
steveyo - touring wobbler

steveyo

If your feet are cold, cover your head.
- eskimo proverb

Old December 11th 04, 03:55 AM
muniracer

are you asking me?

i cook for myself in the dorms, so my menu is not as fancy as when i am
home but ill give you a basic breakdown of what i eat.

roasted potatoes- stick some cubed potatoes in the oven at 425 for 20
minutes with onions, lots of garlic, cumin, and all those tasty italian
seasonings.

stir-fry- i often stir fry mushrooms, onions, and tofu with soy and put
it over pasta or rice.

fried rice- stir-fry up tons of veggies, tofu, and the rice.

pasta- its simple, but pasta with garlic and red pepper or a mix of
italian seasonings (this if for late night snak usually).

garlic bread- bread, margarin, red pepper, garlic in the oven.

guacamole and chips - mmmmmmm, guacamole.

steamed broccoli and rice, sometimes i cook fresh bread and pizza dough
to make a veggie pizza, spaghetti, baked tofu with rice or pasta,
sometimes i make sushi

i eat out a lot, usually general tso's bean curd or a veggie burrito.

Old December 11th 04, 03:58 AM
TheObieOne3226

"Vegetarians, you suck!"

-The Plants

--
TheObieOne3226 - Owns you, SWAT does, mmmm

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT) -- *New!
Coasting unicycle video and more ECMW pics!*
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com) -- *FRESHLY
UPDATED*

AIM/ICQ:TheObieOne3226
Yahoo:TheObieOne3226

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him"
-KJ-52

"Praise Allah!"
-Gilby

"I'm a stupid piece of crap."
-Maestro8

Old December 11th 04, 03:59 AM
TrialsUni

Wow, thanks muniracer...I wasn't riding around the time that that was
posted...My uni broke, and I didn't want to depress myself further over
not being able to ride...Then I got a new trials rig...

There are a lot more people who don't eat meat than what I expected...

Let's see...I'm a college student, but my cafeteria does offer a good
blend of vegan and vegetarian food items...I do drink lots of milk/juice
(usually skim milk)...I eat cereal, varieties of bagels, varieties of
beans, even tofu!! I decided to go for so many reasons, and one of them
deals with a dietician instructing me that a plant-based diet was proper
for a cancer survivor like me, who has one kidney...so I lay off of the
protein, and thinks that are high in salt content...

I have a lot of vegan soups at a little cafe, on the
weekends...Surprisingly, the most of the best food that I've ever eaten
were vegan!! I had some vegan chocolate pie, with tofu...mmm I
definitely misjudged it's creamy, wholesome goodness....Oh yeah, it had
peanut butter in it too!

I try to keep a variety of food in my system...I feel really healty,
especially adding all the walking, and unicycling that I oft do. The
men in my family have beer guts, and I'm determined also to not have
one..ever!!! I've been through enough surgery to last me for life!! My
peers usually send out comments of "gosh, you're skinny man, you're like
a twig" and I've noticed how vegetarianism has slimmed me down, and I
feel comfortable with it, just as long as I don't become gaunt
looking

Evan

I need to go to bed...ugh...i hope all of that made some sort of sense

Old December 11th 04, 04:04 AM
drewation

TheObieOne3226 wrote:
*"Vegetarians, you suck!"

-The Plants *

i agree

--
drewation - stoons finest

why take the bus when you can uni
drewation's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8274

Old December 11th 04, 05:19 AM
Antimatter

if your a vegetarian or vegan to apply the least harm principle, you may
want to see these sites

'Least Harm Principle' (http://tinyurl.com/d41z)
http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/news/food/vegan.html

--
Antimatter - Tetris Master

"I drink a whisky drink, I drink a vodka drink, and when I have to pee,
I use the kitchen sink"
Antimatter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5864

Old December 11th 04, 05:44 AM
Tim

What are the reasons that you are vegetarian/vegan?

I know some people that are because they say its wrong for people to
kill animals for any reason including food. Some tell me its better for
them.

--
Tim - Jelly Bean Eater

Tim 'Braun' (http://www.tim.com.mk/izdanija/1/189.jpg)

-"People who quote themselves are lame"- - Dave Lowell Taken from
Dave's sig line.

Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

Old December 11th 04, 08:49 AM
Bob22b

muniracer wrote:
*http://tinyurl.com/3wum7

ive been vegan for i while, i guess almost 3 years by now. if
anything, its advantageous, because of the lower fat/cholesteral
intake. *

Fats are good for you. Be sure you're getting good fats in your diet.
They should contribute to 30% of your daily calorie intake.

Don't take this as advice to go grab some McDonald's bigmacs!

... You should be alright though, vegan and all.

--
Bob22b - MCL Tearer :d
Bob22b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8153