Lorry driver 'over limit and talking on mobile when he killed cyclist'

Old November 9th 10, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Spam

Default Lorry driver 'over limit and talking on mobile when he killed cyclist'

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...led-cyclist.do
Old November 9th 10, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On 9 nov, 17:56, Uncle Spam wrote:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-lorry-driver-...

How horrendous.

The usual morons will assert that the cyclist contributed to her own
demise by being on the road.
Old November 10th 10, 12:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Justin wrote:
On 9 nov, 17:56, Uncle Spam wrote:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-lorry-driver-...

How horrendous.

The usual morons will assert that the cyclist contributed to her own
demise by being on the road.

of course, if she had not been there, she would probably still be alive, can
you disagree with that?

Old November 10th 10, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 10, 12:20*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Justin wrote:
On 9 nov, 17:56, Uncle Spam wrote:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-lorry-driver-....

How horrendous.

The usual morons will assert that the cyclist contributed to her own
demise by being on the road.

of course, if she had not been there, she would probably still be alive, can
you disagree with that?

She was entitled to be there.
He was over the drink limit and should not have been there.
See the difference?

--
Simon Mason
Old November 10th 10, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Justin wrote:
On 9 nov, 17:56, Uncle Spam wrote:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-lorry-driver-...

How horrendous.

The usual morons will assert that the cyclist contributed to her own
demise by being on the road.

of course, if she had not been there, she would probably still be
alive, can you disagree with that?

She was entitled to be there.
He was over the drink limit and should not have been there.
See the difference?

I cannot see the point of her exercising a right which got her killed. The
drink overlimit was trivial and probably had no actual effect on the driver.

Old November 10th 10, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Justin wrote:
On 9 nov, 17:56, Uncle Spam wrote:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-lorry-driver-....

How horrendous.

The usual morons will assert that the cyclist contributed to her own
demise by being on the road.

of course, if she had not been there, she would probably still be
alive, can you disagree with that?

She was entitled to be there.
He was over the drink limit and should not have been there.
See the difference?

I cannot see the point of her exercising a right which got her killed. * The
drink overlimit was trivial and probably had no actual effect on the driver.- Hide quoted text -

Drink driving trivial?
Good job you are nowhere near the judicial system.
We'll see what sentence the driver eventually gets to see if they view
it as "trivial".

--
Simon Mason
Old November 10th 10, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Justin wrote:
On 9 nov, 17:56, Uncle Spam wrote:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-lorry-driver-...

How horrendous.

The usual morons will assert that the cyclist contributed to her
own demise by being on the road.

of course, if she had not been there, she would probably still be
alive, can you disagree with that?

She was entitled to be there.
He was over the drink limit and should not have been there.
See the difference?

I cannot see the point of her exercising a right which got her
killed. The
drink overlimit was trivial and probably had no actual effect on the
driver.- Hide quoted text -

Drink driving trivial?
Good job you are nowhere near the judicial system.
We'll see what sentence the driver eventually gets to see if they view
it as "trivial".

it is only a few years since that reading would have been legal. A regular
drinker will not show any effects from such a small amount 'over the limit'

Old November 10th 10, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Justin wrote:
[...]

drinker will not show any effects from such a small amount 'over the limit'- Hide quoted text -

Won't wash with the beak, I'm afraid!
He'll get locked up.
Also, it used be be legal to use a mobile phone while driving.
I wonder if he could use that as an excuse as well?

--
Simon Mason
Old November 12th 10, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Spam

Justin wrote:
[...]

....extenuating circumstances....I didnt mean to do it.....etc...
Old November 14th 10, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Justin wrote:
On 9 nov, 17:56, Uncle Spam wrote:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-lorry-driver-....

How horrendous.

The usual morons will assert that the cyclist contributed to her own
demise by being on the road.

of course, if she had not been there, she would probably still be alive, can
you disagree with that?

I can't. The best way to stay as safe as possible from dangerous
drivers is to stay at home, preferably away from road facing walls
which can sometimes be smashed by drivers who are out of control of
their vehicles.

She was wearing a hi-viz jacket too, which should have made her
completely free of danger. BTW, can a helmet resist the full weight
of lorry wheels? Maybe she didn't have a compulsory reflector or in
other ways was not 100% compliant with the law or Highway Code.

Any excuse.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net