Fun with exponents

Old May 24th 20, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Fun with exponents

On 5/24/2020 11:36 AM, wrote:

I will offer you proof positive that the covid-19 pandemic is a hoax.

Don't offer it here, Tom. We're not worthy of your unique wisdome. Get
out and tell the world!

You clearly haven't spent enough time marching around with your sign on
a stick. Get to it, man!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 24th 20, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Sun, 24 May 2020 14:01:05 +0200, Sepp Ruf
wrote:

AMuzi wrote:
In today's news:

https://cyclingindustry.news/third-o...ds-cycling-uk/

Which could happen, But it won't.

You missed next day's science!
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/05/23/leaving-hand-sanitizer-in-hot-vehicles-a-fire-risk/
Executive summary: Car drivers and passengers will all die in exploding
cars or, alternatively, due to evaporation rendering their hand sanitizers
ineffective.

Strange thing. We've had a plastic tube of hand sanitizer (with a
screw on cap) in the car ever since the virus boogy hit town. In fact
several tubes. and so far not a single one has detonated :-)

Are we buying the wrong sort of sanitizer?
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old May 24th 20, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Sun, 24 May 2020 10:46:08 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 8:45:02 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/24/2020 11:36 AM,
wrote:

I will offer you proof positive that the covid-19 pandemic is a hoax.

Don't offer it here, Tom. We're not worthy of your unique wisdome. Get
out and tell the world!

You clearly haven't spent enough time marching around with your sign on
a stick. Get to it, man!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Somehow the data from the CDC themselves doesn't seem to make it through that moronic brain of yours. No wonder you were a teacher and not a real engineer. Facts cannot penetrate your head.

It you look at the chart showing the rise in covid-19 cases you do not see any corresponding rise in overall deaths. That is because there weren't any. Or so slight as to be statistically insignificant. And speaking of insignificant it is time for you to post more of your utter ignorance.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nchs-data.html

I understand that when you are a piece of **** you simply cannot help yourself from acting like a piece of ****. Have a good death. Soon.

Ah well, poor old Frank was so dumb that he finally retired and owns
his own home somewhere in the wilds of Ohio and seems to be happily
retired.

While blindingly intelligent Tommy has never held a job long enough to
accumulate sufficient funds to buy a house and has sponged off his
mother all his life and is currently not retired and cannot find work
and lives on Social Security and unemployment payments and bemoans the
high cost of groceries.

By Gorry Tommy, you are certainly someone to be emulated!

--

Cheers,

John B.
Old May 24th 20, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Sun, 24 May 2020 08:36:16 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 4:17:01 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 23 May 2020 15:14:55 -0700 (PDT), pH wrote:

In the last few weeks I've run across two old co-workers at a local supermarket (Trader Joe's).
In both cases, each backed away with fear in his eyes as I approached to shake hands.
These were both Health Dept. employees who should know better.
One evenually and reluctantly offered to tap elbows, which I declined. The other would not approach.

That's because you weren't wearing a "Covid Suit":
https://www.hazmatnation.com/this-covid-19-suit-protects-you-inside-a-bubble/
At least it's somewhat aerodynamic.

There was an article in the San Jose Mercury On May 20 or 21, I think, section B pg 1 and continued on p. 3.
It was a Stanford study wherein they concluded that the mortatility rate
of the current thingie going around is roughly eqivalent to the flu.
0.04-0.4% if I recall rightly. I was surprised that
this did not show up more in the news, but passed w/o any comment.

It's somewhat higher depending on your political affiliation:
"Coronavirus (COVID-19) Mortality Rate"
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/
My guess(tm) of the world average best guess(tm) is about 2% mortality
rate. However, don't worry too much. Since medical errors are
allegedly the third greatest cause of death in the US, you'll be in
good hands:
"Are medical errors really the third most common cause of death
in the U.S.? (2019 edition)"
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/are-medical-errors-really-the-third-most-common-cause-of-death-in-the-u-s-2019-edition/

My daughter, the paramedic says that while she thinks Caronavirus
is a real thing it does not seem to be much of an issue.

As long as we are still officially in lockdown and house arrest,
propagation of the virus will be mostly by the arrogant, sloppy, or
stupid. Actually that might be beneficial if you're a believer (and
practitioner) of eugenics. However, as soon as commuting, shopping,
meetings, and other activities that require direct human interaction,
things are likely to get much worse.

In the meatime, I just discovered that my colon tests positive
for E. coli!! Oh no! Should I be concerned?

Maybe:
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/926121
Which strain?

Incidentally, several years ago, I had various irritating, but not
serious digestive problems. I then had a series of unrelated kidney
stone operations and a colonoscopy. In all of these, it was customary
to administer a broad spectrum antibiotic (Cipro) that killed most of
the bacteria in the stomach and intestines (including E-coli). As I
went though the series of operations, the digestive problems rapidly
disappeared and haven't returned. My guess(tm) is that I had some
kind of bacterial infection. It might be a good idea to look into the
possibilities if you're having digestive issues.

What does "testing positive mean?

It means more money for the medical profession.

I have been dismayed at how easy it has been to instill fear
in the general public and now understand how it was possible
to ship Japanese American citizens to camps in WWII.

More like fear of something we know nothing about. We tend to believe
that nothing bad can happen without a culprit. When something bad
happens anyway, we go looking for the culprit. I once worked for a
company that could not solve any problem without first blaming someone
for having caused the problem. Since it didn't make any difference, I
volunteered to be the de facto culprit and recipient of the blame if
it would help to move the committee toward working on a solution. That
worked, until they got tired of dealing with me.

Bicycle contend:helmet. mavic receivershiop. double-butted spokes

Sigh... You can do better than that.

Last chance. Home Power Magazine collection. Two bankers boxes full.
You pickup or they go to the dump.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

I will offer you proof positive that the covid-19 pandemic is a hoax. The total death rate in the USA is 95% of normal. If we are having all these additional deaths from this great disease where are they? You can argue that we are having fewer vehicular deaths though that is perhaps questionable. But we also are having a much higher suicide rate which more than offsets any savings from vehicular deaths. People who are losing all hope of being able to keep a roof over the heads of their family and food on the table are giving up and seeing live for themselves as useless.

There are fewer deaths in hospitals because a large number of elective surgeries end in deaths. Which isn't to say that not getting elective surgeries aren't ending also on death. Cancer surgeries for instance normally would end in death though perhaps at a more distant date.

Tommy, you can't provide proof positive of anything, even peeing in
your britches as people would simply believe that you were simply too
stupid to find your own whanger.

"Poor old guy, can't even locate his own thingie". But I suppose
that's why they call him "short horn Tommy". Or was it "Tommy short
horn?"
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old May 25th 20, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On 5/24/2020 11:36 AM, wrote:

I will offer you proof positive that the covid-19 pandemic is a hoax.

Don't offer it here, Tom. We're not worthy of your unique wisdome. Get
out and tell the world!

Speak for yourself, Franki-boy. You're not the gate-keeper on RBT. Just in case you're being stupid again, it means you don't decide who can be a member.

You clearly haven't spent enough time marching around with your sign on
a stick. Get to it, man!

You should leave the snark at home. You have zero talent for repartee, in fact zero talent for anything useful. All we can see is a pompous pig's bladder full of emptiness.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Somehow the data from the CDC themselves doesn't seem to make it through that moronic brain of yours. No wonder you were a teacher and not a real engineer. Facts cannot penetrate your head.

Actually, Tom, this is an amusing exchange, considering all the times that the limp-brain Krygowski has claimed to be a statistical maven -- and been caught out being stupid or simply lying.

It you look at the chart showing the rise in covid-19 cases you do not see any corresponding rise in overall deaths. That is because there weren't any. Or so slight as to be statistically insignificant. And speaking of insignificant it is time for you to post more of your utter ignorance.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nchs-data.html

That's an interesting graph that fully bears out your conclusion. Frank-boy and the other clowns whose mode of persuasion is to deny everything you say should check the rather short blue line to the right of the steeply rising red line. Perhaps the clowns denying the truth mistake the percentages for numbers: yo, clowns, on the blue lines are numbers of total deaths, the rest are percentages.

I understand that when you are a piece of **** you simply cannot help yourself from acting like a piece of ****. Have a good death. Soon.

Nah, I want Franki-boy Kygowski to have a long miserable life. He's a fine example of what I do to bullies and scum, such a coward that instead of engaging with me he pretends not to read my posts. If Franki-boy is what passes for a "Professor" in Youngstown, God help Ohio.

I was paid more in a year for making statistics sing than Franki-boy earned in a lifetime, but any freshman taking a stats filler class can interpret such a simple graph. That Franki-boy can't read that simple graph right is an indisputable final judgement on his inability to grasp the meaning of statistics.

Ande Jute
Sad!
Old May 25th 20, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 2:14:17 PM UTC+1, sms wrote:
On 5/22/2020 11:25 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

If the US state of Georgia is any indication, most
of the jobs lost are not going to return immediately making commuting
more of a long term problem than an immediate crisis.

The number of workers that will be able to work in the office is going
to be dramatically reduced, at least in this area.

When I came to live in Ireland, people I consulted to said I was crazy. Even some of my publishers let it be known that they would prefer to have me in London (actually up the road in Cambridge) or in New York, where they could keep an eye on their investment. Back then my communications were the phone, the fax and he modem. The modem was the best available, 300 baud -- that's right, three hundred baud. A runner with a cleft stick would have been faster. But by 1996 I was able to say that I wouldn't get on a plane to appear in person any more, and shortly videoconferencing made the entire question moot. Today's facilities make those available as recently as 1996 look positively Neanderthal.

But if today working from home is a breeze for all kinds of knowledge workers, keeping them motivated to work on is an entirely new problem, and potentially quite serious. Some people are going to miss working in groups, face to face; social pressure from colleagues is one of the most effective motivators, and underrated even by experts because it is invisible and insidious.

Andre Jute
Hidden persuader
Old May 25th 20, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Mon, 25 May 2020 05:36:07 +0700, John B. Slocomb wrote:

On Sun, 24 May 2020 14:01:05 +0200, Sepp Ruf
wrote:

AMuzi wrote:
In today's news:

https://cyclingindustry.news/third-o...ditch-cars-in-

favour-of-cycling-or-walking-post-covid-19-crisis-finds-cycling-uk/

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/05/...itizer-in-hot-

vehicles-a-fire-risk/
Executive summary: Car drivers and passengers will all die in exploding
cars or, alternatively, due to evaporation rendering their hand
sanitizers ineffective.

Strange thing. We've had a plastic tube of hand sanitizer (with a screw
on cap) in the car ever since the virus boogy hit town. In fact several
tubes. and so far not a single one has detonated :-)

Are we buying the wrong sort of sanitizer?

Probably, but where is it stored?
Try the dash board for maximum chances.

Old May 25th 20, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 24 May 2020 08:36:16 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I will offer you proof positive that the covid-19 pandemic is
a hoax. The total death rate in the USA is 95% of normal. If
we are having all these additional deaths from this great
disease where are they?

On this animated graph perhaps.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/images/us-mortality-graph-animated-may72020.gif
If you're into data visualization, there's plenty mo
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/data-visualization.htm

You can argue that we are having...

No, you can do the arguing. You said you would offer positive proof
that the pandemic is a hoax. You provided to percentages that appear
to have been contrived for the occasion. If you want to prove
anything, such things like numbers, calculations, sources,
authoritative backup, examples, etc are considered useful. I won't
ask for error analysis or statistical significance because most of the
source data (provided by the states) has been tampered with.

I have a personal question. Feel free to ignore this question if it
offends you. Why is it so important to prove to me or this Usenet
newsgroup that the current pandemic is a hoax? We exchanged emails
about 3 weeks ago. Instead of replying to my questions and comments,
you ignored everything I wrote and proceeded to provide a long rant on
exactly the same topic. Why? Will proving that it's all a hoax bring
back those that have died from Covid-19 or who's death was accelerated
by the virus? Hardly, so why bother? Will you need to wait until a
friend or family member dies from Covid-19 before you become a
believer? I hope not.

Old May 25th 20, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 24 May 2020 01:03:38 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Sat, 23 May 2020 11:38:17 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Around here, log-log paper is so common that it grows on trees.

FWIW, I recently discovered that our new printer, a Canon TS9565, will,
amongst other patterns, print graph paper on demand. No Log or Log paper,
now have I been able to discover how to insert it ino the pattern
templates.

Cool. Will the printer do Smith Charts, navigation plotting sheets,
or official NRA targets? Those are the few graphs that I print on my
color laser printer. I have PDF and JPG images of all of these, but
it would be nice to have it built into the printer, especially when
trying to convince the printer to emulate an HP-GL plotter.

It also does (music) staff paper.

I play piano and keyboard synthesizer, but somewhere along the line, I
forgot to learn how to read music. So, I play by ear and don't need
music paper.

Bicycle content; not riding today as BoM is recording 24 knot wind gusts.

Sometime in the next two weeks, I plan to "consolidate" my bicycle
parts and pieces collection into some arrangement where I can actually
find things. When moving things around last week, I overloaded my
plastic toolbox, which dumped all the parts on the floor when the
toolbox handle broke and fell off.