Compo cam **** on a bike loses in court.

Old March 9th 16, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Compo cam **** on a bike loses in court.

The attempted private prosecution of a driving instructor by a cycling
activist for alleged dangerous driving has failed. I hope the innocent
man gets a compo jackpot out of the cyclist.
Old March 9th 16, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

MrCheerful wrote:

The attempted private prosecution of a driving instructor by a cycling
activist for alleged dangerous driving has failed. I hope the innocent
man gets a compo jackpot out of the cyclist.

On what grounds, Mr Rumpole?

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old March 9th 16, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 09/03/2016 14:10, John Smith wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:

The attempted private prosecution of a driving instructor by a cycling
activist for alleged dangerous driving has failed. I hope the innocent
man gets a compo jackpot out of the cyclist.

On what grounds, Mr Rumpole?

Malicious prosecution resulting in loss of reputation, loss of earnings,
his own solicitor's costs, lunch, hotel, phone calls, postage, printing
etc. etc.

I would have thought that you would know things like that, with your VII
(that is Latin) degrees.
Old March 9th 16, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

MrCheerful wrote:

The attempted private prosecution of a driving instructor by a cycling
activist for alleged dangerous driving has failed. I hope the innocent
man gets a compo jackpot out of the cyclist.

On what grounds, Mr Rumpole?

Malicious prosecution?

But perhaps you allege that there was no malice intended and that the
attempt to have an innocent man convicted, sent to prison, wrecking his
life and ruining his family, did no harm and was all just a bit of good
clean fun, eh?

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=e7572e8e-4e81-4eae-a6fb-2a53774b1ddc

Old March 9th 16, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

MrCheerful wrote:

The attempted private prosecution of a driving instructor by a cycling
activist for alleged dangerous driving has failed. I hope the innocent
man gets a compo jackpot out of the cyclist.

On what grounds, Mr Rumpole?

Malicious prosecution?

But perhaps you allege that there was no malice intended and that the
attempt to have an innocent man convicted, sent to prison, wrecking his
life and ruining his family, did no harm and was all just a bit of good
clean fun, eh?

Sounds like impersonating a police officer.

Old March 9th 16, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

MrCheerful wrote:

The attempted private prosecution of a driving instructor by a cycling
activist for alleged dangerous driving has failed. I hope the innocent
man gets a compo jackpot out of the cyclist.

On what grounds, Mr Rumpole?

Malicious prosecution resulting in loss of reputation, loss of earnings,
his own solicitor's costs, lunch, hotel, phone calls, postage, printing
etc. etc.

I guessed that that would be your response.

Here's a tip for the hard of thinking: unsuccessful prosecutions are not
necessarily 'malicious'. You also need to look up the terms 'privilege'
where 'loss of reputation' is concerned.

But anyway, this case was doomed to failure from the beginning. 'Everyone
drives'.

A D-lock would have settled the case a lot more quickly.

Old March 9th 16, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

MrCheerful wrote:

The attempted private prosecution of a driving instructor by a cycling
activist for alleged dangerous driving has failed. I hope the innocent
man gets a compo jackpot out of the cyclist.

On what grounds, Mr Rumpole?

Malicious prosecution?

See my response to your fellow idiotic troll.

Old March 9th 16, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

MrCheerful wrote:

The attempted private prosecution of a driving instructor by a cycling
activist for alleged dangerous driving has failed. I hope the innocent
man gets a compo jackpot out of the cyclist.

On what grounds, Mr Rumpole?

Malicious prosecution?

See my response to your fellow idiotic troll.

I did see your response to another poster.

I was unimpressed with it.

Old March 10th 16, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

MrCheerful wrote:

The attempted private prosecution of a driving instructor by a cycling
activist for alleged dangerous driving has failed. I hope the innocent
man gets a compo jackpot out of the cyclist.

On what grounds, Mr Rumpole?

Malicious prosecution?

See my response to your fellow idiotic troll.

I did see your response to another poster.

I was unimpressed with it.

Of course you were. It's never 'impressive' to have your nose rubbed in
your own crippling ignorance.

Old March 10th 16, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

MrCheerful wrote:

The attempted private prosecution of a driving instructor by a cycling
activist for alleged dangerous driving has failed. I hope the innocent
man gets a compo jackpot out of the cyclist.

On what grounds, Mr Rumpole?

Malicious prosecution?

See my response to your fellow idiotic troll.

I did see your response to another poster.
I was unimpressed with it.

Of course you were. It's never 'impressive' to have your nose rubbed in
your own crippling ignorance.

What "ignorance" did Mr Cheerful display when he pointed out to you the
possibility of action for malicious prosecution?

The ignorance was, of course, all yours in not immediately coming to the
same conclusion, especially given the case I cited.