Cyclist left in shock after near-miss in Scarborough

Old July 1st 20, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Cyclist left in shock after near-miss in Scarborough

QUOTE:
A cyclist narrowly avoided being knocked over by a car in Scarborough.

The incident happened on June 22 on Ramshill Road at around 6.40pm when a woman riding her bike approached the junction to Albion Road.

A white hatchback, believed to be an Audi, pulled out of the junction, almost hitting her, which caused her to fall off her bike.

The driver failed to stop at the scene of the accident, which left the woman in a state of shock at the scene.

North Yorkshire Police are now requesting the public's assistance for information about the car.

Anyone with information that could assist the investigation should contact North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2, and ask for PC James Moody 1199.

You can also email .

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/...-near-18509266
Old July 1st 20, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 01/07/2020 10:40, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A cyclist narrowly avoided being knocked over by a car in Scarborough.

The incident happened on June 22 on Ramshill Road at around 6.40pm when a woman riding her bike approached the junction to Albion Road.

A white hatchback, believed to be an Audi, pulled out of the junction, almost hitting her, which caused her to fall off her bike.

The driver failed to stop at the scene of the accident, which left the woman in a state of shock at the scene.

North Yorkshire Police are now requesting the public's assistance for information about the car.

Anyone with information that could assist the investigation should contact North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2, and ask for PC James Moody 1199.

You can also email .

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/...-near-18509266

He missed her, is that right?

Is that what you're complaining about?

Old July 1st 20, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 10:40:44 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A cyclist narrowly avoided being knocked over by a car in Scarborough.

The incident happened on June 22 on Ramshill Road at around 6.40pm when a woman riding her bike approached the junction to Albion Road.

A white hatchback, believed to be an Audi, pulled out of the junction, almost hitting her, which caused her to fall off her bike.

The driver failed to stop at the scene of the accident, which left the woman in a state of shock at the scene.

North Yorkshire Police are now requesting the public's assistance for information about the car.

Anyone with information that could assist the investigation should contact North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2, and ask for PC James Moody 1199.

You can also email .

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/...-near-18509266

This also happened to me on my way to work in 2011. I was cycling in this cycle lane on the inside of this blue car, when it turned left to avoid a car turning right into McDonalds, knocking me off.

He sped off from the scene of the incident and after I caught him up, he was giving ME a foul mouthed rant as though it was MY fault. Moron driver.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eb29eFhW...pg&name=medium