Aluminum wheels

Old July 29th 20, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Aluminum wheels

While building up my Colnago with DuraAce 9000 series Di2, I have had it with tubeless rims being nearly impossible to fit a clincher tire on. So I have returned to Campy wheels that are clincher only rims. I will retain a couple of pairs of clincher deep aero carbon rims because they really improve your speed. But they will have 28 mm tires on them which are slightly better at being mountable on the road if you have a flat. There is nothing like experience to teach you the error of your ways.

Though I'm sure that Franki-boy and John B (we can guess what the B. means quite easily from his postings), will have very pointed comments having never any experience with these things at all and never even ridden the sort of bike they would be mounted on. Nothing like inexperience to give these two endless opinions that are so far out of line with reality that you can be sure that they came from Mars.