An unusual car ad.

Old May 28th 06, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default An unusual car ad.

Whilst out and about last night I came across this unusual car advert. Not
sure what the pony-tailed red-braced crowd wanted to convey in the message.
Maybe the power and freedom of the cyclist which has bizarre car alloy
wheels on? If people take it to the logical conclusion, they'll end up
selling more bikes then cars though!

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zford.htm

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Old May 28th 06, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Whilst out and about last night I came across this unusual car advert. Not
sure what the pony-tailed red-braced crowd wanted to convey in the

message.
Maybe the power and freedom of the cyclist which has bizarre car alloy
wheels on? If people take it to the logical conclusion, they'll end up
selling more bikes then cars though!

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zford.htm

Selling lifestyle, without the err lifestyle.

--
Mike W

Old May 28th 06, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Simon Mason wrote:
Not
sure what the pony-tailed red-braced crowd wanted to convey in the message.

Nope, I don't get it. Not at all.

d.
Old May 28th 06, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Response to Simon Mason:
Whilst out and about last night I came across this unusual car advert. Not
sure what the pony-tailed red-braced crowd wanted to convey in the message.

A few days ago they had ISTR a half-page ad in the Grauniad, pretending
to be a story about reducing obesity by being more active. Yeah, I
thought, buy a car. That'll do it.

--
Mark, UK
"There are some things only intellectuals are crazy enough to believe."
Old May 28th 06, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Ever seen an invisible frameset before? How do you know you've seen it?

More details please [weight, sizes, stockists, TT legal?], and get that dang
car out of the way......

Old May 28th 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"DaveG" wrote in message
Ever seen an invisible frameset before? How do you know you've seen it?

More details please [weight, sizes, stockists, TT legal?], and get that

dang
car out of the way......

Yes - I'll buy the bike, but I'll want to change the wheels. Forget the

car.

Dave Lloyd
So open minded, my brains dribbled out.

Old May 28th 06, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Simon Mason wrote:
Whilst out and about last night I came across this unusual car advert. Not
sure what the pony-tailed red-braced crowd wanted to convey in the message.
Maybe the power and freedom of the cyclist which has bizarre car alloy
wheels on? If people take it to the logical conclusion, they'll end up
selling more bikes then cars though!

Presumably it means you can stick your children's £60 supermarket
bikes on the back and drive 5 miles to your nearest sustainable
transport off road trail.

Old May 28th 06, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

DaveG wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zford.htm

Ever seen an invisible frameset before? How do you know you've seen it?

More details please [weight, sizes, stockists, TT legal?], and get that dang
car out of the way......

Must be a tester getting a tow off passing traffic being driven by
invisible drivers :-)
Old May 28th 06, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Simon Mason wrote:
Whilst out and about last night I came across this unusual car advert. Not
sure what the pony-tailed red-braced crowd wanted to convey in the message.
Maybe the power and freedom of the cyclist which has bizarre car alloy
wheels on? If people take it to the logical conclusion, they'll end up
selling more bikes then cars though!

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zford.htm

The rider is a vampire (no shadow). The bike frame is vampire 531 with a
mirror finish.

--

JimP

"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas.
I'm frightened of the old ones." - John Cage
Old May 28th 06, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Simon Mason wrote:
Whilst out and about last night I came across this unusual car advert. Not
sure what the pony-tailed red-braced crowd wanted to convey in the message.
Maybe the power and freedom of the cyclist which has bizarre car alloy
wheels on? If people take it to the logical conclusion, they'll end up
selling more bikes then cars though!

Very nice looking car though.

--
Mark

Unusual XTR hub James Thomson Techniques 3 December 6th 05 02:31 PM
Unusual sighting... Naqerj UK 4 December 2nd 05 12:48 PM
Unusual chainrings and cranks wear Rado bladteth Rzeznicki Techniques 51 February 15th 05 06:43 PM
Go Mayo Go! Iban the Man , Can!! remove the polite word to reply Racing 11 July 9th 04 11:24 PM
Unusual dooring detail Simon Mason UK 10 October 9th 03 04:15 PM