Bigger handlebar bag

Old June 23rd 20, 01:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Bigger handlebar bag

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 12:34:23 -0700, jbeattie wrote:

On Monday, June 22, 2020 at 11:10:47 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
From Jan Heine
(https://www.renehersecycles.com/new-...-huge-restock/

Over the winter, we’ve worked with Berthoud Cycles in France to design
a new,
bigger handlebar bag, the GB 31.

Fashion is a powerful thing.

And they missed a big opportunity to introduce a pile of fashionable
replaceable bicycle seat. Color/colour co-ordinate with you clothing,
eyes, mood etc.
Old June 23rd 20, 01:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 14:20:43 -0700, wrote:

On Monday, June 22, 2020 at 3:34:40 PM UTC-5, Mark J. wrote:
On 6/22/2020 12:48 PM,
wrote:
Bigger handlebar bag? Why? I know the description talked about big,
huge bikes needing a bigger bag to fit proportionately. But a small,
medium sized bag would work just fine too. I have a medium sized
handlebar bag on my loaded touring bike. Cannondale, back (1980s)
from when Cannondale was a big name in loaded touring with bikes and
bags. It is the perfect size and WEIGHT for holding small stuff I
need during the day. Money, maps, snacks. I always keep it
lightweight. When you start adding lots of weight to the handlebars,
it does affect the steering. That is bad. Is Jan Heine trying to
get all his customers to crash their bikes with big heavy handlebar
bags? I would say YES. Why does Jan want to injure his customers?

Why? Well, what if you had THREE chihuahuas?

Mark J.

OK. Did that Paris Hilton girl have chihuahuas? I seem to recall
seeing pictures of her with little dogs. But I could be imagining that.
And of course on this forum I have read about the drunkards on this
forum talking about buying and carrying beer on their rides. Maybe the
bigger handlebar bag would allow them to carry a 24 pack of beer. Or a
whole case of Jack Daniels. So I guess there is a true need for a
bigger handlebar bag. But my point about the extra weight still
applies. I think the bike handling would be affected severely if you
were carrying a full case of beer.

Sigh, every Australian bicycle rider can tell you that you strap 'ya
slab(box of 24 beers)' onto you port rack and she'lll be right.

More common than you think because drink-driving of a motor ehicle will
cost you your MV drivers licence and you only means of transportleft to
you is a bicycle.

The real reason they outlawed ICE assisted bicycles was to save plod and
road workers coming across the remains of smashed slab when 'the
okkie(rubber tie down)' failed.
Old June 23rd 20, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 17:43:59 -0400, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I have one friend who asked stability or handling questions about my
handlebar bags, but I've never noticed the slightest problem.

It could be my personal history. I spent years as a teen delivering a
large paper route by bike. I rode miles daily up driveways, hurrying
around parked cars and other obstacles with at least four cubic feet of
newspapers in a huge front basket, so I'm comfortable with a front load.
In fact, on some solo tours, I've used no rear panniers, just a big
handlebar bag and two front panniers.

It is from muscle development of both muscles on each 'side' of your arms
as you hold the steering steady whilst flinging/lobbing the paper.

Most people think of pull ups in arm muscles but not push up.
Old June 23rd 20, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 6/22/2020 12:34 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, June 22, 2020 at 11:10:47 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
From Jan Heine
(https://www.renehersecycles.com/new-...-huge-restock/

Over the winter, we’ve worked with Berthoud Cycles in France to design a new,
bigger handlebar bag, the GB 31.

Fashion is a powerful thing.

-- Jay Beattie.

I'm holding out for a Louis Vuitton handlebar bag.

Old June 23rd 20, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 11:05:12 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 6/22/2020 12:34 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, June 22, 2020 at 11:10:47 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
From Jan Heine
(https://www.renehersecycles.com/new-...-huge-restock/

Over the winter, we’ve worked with Berthoud Cycles in France to design a new,
bigger handlebar bag, the GB 31.

Fashion is a powerful thing.

-- Jay Beattie.

I'm holding out for a Louis Vuitton handlebar bag.

All you need is the label:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Louis+Vuitton+labels&tbm=isch
Perception is everything.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old June 24th 20, 04:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 6/22/2020 12:57 PM, wrote:
On Monday, June 22, 2020 at 8:10:47 PM UTC+2, Bertrand wrote:
From Jan Heine
(
https://www.renehersecycles.com/new-...-huge-restock/

Over the winter, we’ve worked with Berthoud Cycles in France to design a new,
bigger handlebar bag, the GB 31.

'to design a new bigger handlebar bag'? What design? It is just a rectangular box. OK it is made bigger. That is not designing. Every 3D Cad program can do that with one mouse click. You don't need a whole winter for that.
Yes Frank I am making fun of handlebar bags.

Lou

Please tell me that no one is spending $358 on a handlebar bag.
Old June 24th 20, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

sms wrote:
On 6/22/2020 12:57 PM, wrote:
On Monday, June 22, 2020 at 8:10:47 PM UTC+2, Bertrand wrote:
From Jan Heine
(
https://www.renehersecycles.com/new-...-huge-restock/

Over the winter, we’ve worked with Berthoud Cycles in France to design a new, bigger handlebar bag, the GB 31

'to design a new bigger handlebar bag'? What design? It is just a
rectangular box. OK it is made bigger. That is not designing. Every 3D
Cad program can do that with one mouse click. You don't need a whole
winter for that. Yes Frank I am making fun of handlebar bags.

Please tell me that no one is spending $358 on a handlebar bag.

Great value ... now that an "industrial belt" is $222:
https://www.off---white.com/en-an/shopping/off-white-2-0-industrial-belt-14144064

Old June 24th 20, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 09:41:22 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

Somebody must. My son was telling me about one of his dealers in Northern California
that had a customer who spent almost $.5 million on bikes and stuff. This was
probably over a period of ten or twenty years, and I'm not clear on how he racked
up the expenditures, but he owns a ton of S-Works bikes. I'm sure he gets immediate
attention when he comes into the store -- and blow and hookers. What a cash cow.
He was probably the guy who bought one of these:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s-...eo-sl/p/170237
Probably not a utility cyclist.

-- Jay Beattie.

$13,500 for an S-Works Turbo Creo SL. If he spends the entire
$500,000 on bicycles (minus sales tax), that would be 33 bicycles.
Over a 10 to 20 year period, that's 1.7 to 3.3 bicycles per year. One
possibility is that he would ride a new bicycle downhill, crash, and
then purchase a replacement bicycle upon recovery. Or, perhaps he
doesn't like to see paint scratches and replaces the bicycle before
the scratch can weaken the CF frame. Whatever the buyer is doing, it
must be working well for him to perpetuate it for 10 to 20 years.

Old June 24th 20, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

For some people, 1.7 to 3.3 new bikes per year, may not really be too extreme. If we assume the person has a road racing, mountain, and cyclocross bike. And every year Trek or Specialized or Cannondale or Colnago or Pinarello or ??? make the newest, latest, greatest bike on earth, then the person could easily buy 1 to 3 new bikes per year. And if these companies only produce the latest and greatest every other year, then that is still 1.5 new bikes per year. Spending $20,000 per year on new bikes may not be out of the realm of possibility.

More on 25 or bigger... [email protected] General 10 August 1st 07 07:55 AM
25 or bigger? [email protected] General 30 July 31st 07 07:58 AM
Bigger and Better p1choco Unicycling 5 November 20th 06 06:55 PM
BIGGER BIKE FOR BIGGER DROPS Syd Mountain Biking 2 April 23rd 06 04:24 AM
Is Bigger Better? Cory Dunkle General 2 July 14th 03 02:58 AM