Coppi/Bartali poster

Old May 18th 09, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
D.M. Procida

Default Coppi/Bartali poster

I'd like to obtain a poster-sized print of this photograph:

http://pilotadifrasi.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/coppi-e-bartali.jpg

but I don't even know who it's by.

Daniele
Old May 18th 09, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe[_6_]

D.M. Procida wrote:
I'd like to obtain a poster-sized print of this photograph:

http://pilotadifrasi.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/coppi-e-bartali.jpg

but I don't even know who it's by.

Daniele

That's a great picture, bitter rivals sharing a water. I think that I
might have read about this.
Old May 18th 09, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe[_6_]

Roger Thorpe wrote:
D.M. Procida wrote:
I'd like to obtain a poster-sized print of this photograph:

http://pilotadifrasi.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/coppi-e-bartali.jpg

but I don't even know who it's by.

Daniele

That's a great picture, bitter rivals sharing a water. I think that I
might have read about this.

two minutes later.. There's a Pat Cleary print of his painting which is
similar.
http://www.patclearyart.co.uk/cyclin...oppi/coppi.htm

Roger Thorpe
Old May 18th 09, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nige Danton

On May 18, 9:08*pm, Roger Thorpe
wrote:
Roger Thorpe wrote:
D.M. Procida wrote:
I'd like to obtain a poster-sized print of this photograph:

http://pilotadifrasi.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/coppi-e-bartali.jpg

but I don't even know who it's by.

Daniele

That's a great picture, bitter rivals sharing a water. I think that I
might have read about this.

two minutes later.. There's a Pat Cleary print of his painting which is
similar.http://www.patclearyart.co.uk/cyclin...oppi/coppi.htm

How about this:

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com...i00bp_htm.html

It's not identical, but perhaps gives a place to start.

--
Nige Danton
Old May 18th 09, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

D.M. Procida wrote:

I'd like to obtain a poster-sized print of this photograph:

http://pilotadifrasi.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/coppi-e-bartali.jpg

but I don't even know who it's by.

Web searches lead me to belive it was taken by Carlo Martini, a
photograper working for Omega Fotocronache an agency based in Milan
http://www.omegafotocronache.it/omega/home.php

It was originaly a colour image (I think) I can't tell if this is just
a coloursied version.
http://www.cyclinghalloffame.com/rid...iCoppi1952.jpg
Old May 18th 09, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
citizen142[_3_]

You live in the same city as me I believe.

Copy the picture to a usb drive. Take it to Abbey Bookbinding and
Printing which is in the workshops just behind the Bingo Hall
alongside Tescos on Western Avenue.

He can copy that to a poster of up to A0 which is huge but A3 should
be big enough. You could also have it laminated then then it will last
a lot longer.

Tell him the mad cyclist sent you! He will know!

Old May 18th 09, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

citizen142 wrote:
You live in the same city as me I believe.

Copy the picture to a usb drive. Take it to Abbey Bookbinding and
Printing which is in the workshops just behind the Bingo Hall
alongside Tescos on Western Avenue.

He can copy that to a poster of up to A0 which is huge

I think the pixels would be a tad lumpy at that size.

BugBear
Old May 19th 09, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

I think the pixels would be a tad lumpy at that size.

* *BugBear

I've created a larger version with the pixelation cleared up a bit for
anybody interested;
http://public.fotki.com/ChrisRu/for_...ibartali..html

Click "Get Original Uploaded Photo" for full size.

Comparison to original here;
http://images49.fotki.com/v1509/phot...parison-vi.jpg
Old May 19th 09, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

http://public.fotki.com/ChrisRu/for_...pibartali.html

Click "Get Original Uploaded Photo" for full size.

Comparison to original here;
http://images49.fotki.com/v1509/phot...parison-vi.jpg

The way to enlarge a low pixel original is to do it in stages. Rather
than jumping straight to 200% enlarge it no more than 10% at a time.

There is a different crop of the full length shot that is in colour
which is from a book cover. Which with a progressive enlargement and
cloning out of the text then treating with a watercolour filter makes
a reasonable A4 print possible.

http://www.therewaslight.co.uk/cycli...pi-bartali.jpg
Old May 19th 09, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
_[_2_]

On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:30:29 +0100, Phil Cook wrote:

wrote:

I think the pixels would be a tad lumpy at that size.

* *BugBear

I've created a larger version with the pixelation cleared up a bit for
anybody interested;
http://public.fotki.com/ChrisRu/for_...pibartali.html

Click "Get Original Uploaded Photo" for full size.

Comparison to original here;
http://images49.fotki.com/v1509/phot...parison-vi.jpg

The way to enlarge a low pixel original is to do it in stages. Rather
than jumping straight to 200% enlarge it no more than 10% at a time.

There is a different crop of the full length shot that is in colour
which is from a book cover. Which with a progressive enlargement and
cloning out of the text then treating with a watercolour filter makes
a reasonable A4 print possible.

http://www.therewaslight.co.uk/cycli...pi-bartali.jpg

I like the one with the bigger crop; sometimes it is not easy to tell from
a photograph how steep an incline is.

Gino Bartali and the Tour of 1948 Benjo Maso Racing 20 December 1st 08 09:33 AM
Bartali Levers Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 1 July 26th 08 08:27 PM
Rivalry between Gino Bartali and Fausto Coppi GoneBeforeMyTime Racing 15 February 14th 08 08:29 AM
FA: 54cm Coppi frame Frank Marketplace 0 July 30th 05 02:43 AM
Fausto Coppi San Remo DG Techniques 1 November 19th 03 02:46 AM