Campagnolo Croce D'Aune

Old August 25th 05, 08:09 PM
geos

Default Campagnolo Croce D'Aune

Hi,

I google, I still google, but cannot find any clues if there are
recognizable differences between this group subsequent releases and if
it is possible to identify the Delta brakes version. I have found Campa
timeline description, couple of articles about vintage groups, but they
are not clear about it.

Could anyone familiar with Campy groups take a look at these pictures
below and try to identify the year of this group and, if possible, the
Delta brakes version? Is it very early or the last released model?

http://tinyurl.com/93dzv
http://tinyurl.com/ap3w4
http://tinyurl.com/aahhk
http://tinyurl.com/d6btf
http://tinyurl.com/b4t7n
http://tinyurl.com/aydku

Thank you,
geos
Old August 25th 05, 09:53 PM
bfd

This looks like the CdA group. One difference between the C-Record
Deltas and the CdA version is the spring in the back. Your pictures
don't show the back of the brakes, but I recall that the C-Rec version
had the spring enclosed; while the CdA version was exposed.

Looking at the hubs, the polish on the CdA version is very nice. Looks
almost like the C-Rec.The difference appear to be the end caps. On the
C-Rec, its enclosed in a very nice silver casing that requires a
special tool to remove.

The only other difference is the rear der. The CdA has that little bar
on it. Trick looking, but don't know if it does anything.

Old August 25th 05, 11:07 PM
geos

bfd wrote:
This looks like the CdA group. One difference between the C-Record
Deltas and the CdA version is the spring in the back. Your pictures
don't show the back of the brakes, but I recall that the C-Rec version
had the spring enclosed; while the CdA version was exposed.

Looking at the hubs, the polish on the CdA version is very nice. Looks
almost like the C-Rec.The difference appear to be the end caps. On the
C-Rec, its enclosed in a very nice silver casing that requires a
special tool to remove.

The only other difference is the rear der. The CdA has that little bar
on it. Trick looking, but don't know if it does anything.

Thanks bfd, greatly appreciated. Don't you know whether this is one of
the latter delta brake releases or not? I've read that early Deltas had
some problems with corrosion or something like that..

cheers,
geos
Old August 25th 05, 11:25 PM
bfd

Everything you need to know:

http://www.campyonly.com/roadtests/delta.html

Old August 26th 05, 02:20 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

geos wrote:
Hi,

I google, I still google, but cannot find any clues if there are
recognizable differences between this group subsequent releases and if
it is possible to identify the Delta brakes version. I have found Campa
timeline description, couple of articles about vintage groups, but they
are not clear about it.

Could anyone familiar with Campy groups take a look at these pictures
below and try to identify the year of this group and, if possible, the
Delta brakes version? Is it very early or the last released model?

http://tinyurl.com/93dzv
http://tinyurl.com/ap3w4
http://tinyurl.com/aahhk
http://tinyurl.com/d6btf
http://tinyurl.com/b4t7n
http://tinyurl.com/aydku

Thank you,
geos

Definately CDA group with brakes. You can see the spring shadow in the
second pic. Came out 1984-5, around until 1989-1990. Was Campag's
attempt at index shifting to 'compete' with shimano of the time. Along
with Athena and a-b Chorus. Didn't work well at all in index mode( the
shifters are second gen Syncro 2). Campagnolo kept C-Record as a
friction shifting group, along with big barrell 8s friction shifters,
in case the world didn't take to click shifting...we know the answer to
that one.

CDA rear der with big barrell friction shifters(that rear der takes a
LOT of cable pull to move)actually works quite well on many freewheels.
It is a piece of art with the rod actuators.

Old August 26th 05, 02:53 PM
geos

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Definately CDA group with brakes. You can see the spring shadow in the
second pic. Came out 1984-5, around until 1989-1990. Was Campag's
attempt at index shifting to 'compete' with shimano of the time. Along
with Athena and a-b Chorus. Didn't work well at all in index mode( the
shifters are second gen Syncro 2). Campagnolo kept C-Record as a
friction shifting group, along with big barrell 8s friction shifters,
in case the world didn't take to click shifting...we know the answer to
that one.

CDA rear der with big barrell friction shifters(that rear der takes a
LOT of cable pull to move)actually works quite well on many freewheels.
It is a piece of art with the rod actuators.

Thank you. You are like Campy Encyclopedia I really appreciate your
knowledge and your willingness to share it.

geos
Old August 26th 05, 02:54 PM
geos

bfd wrote:
http://www.campyonly.com/roadtests/delta.html

hi bfd, thank you for the link. quite a bit of information there.

cheers,
geos
Old August 26th 05, 03:32 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

geos wrote:
[...]

No problem, happy to help-

Old August 27th 05, 06:36 AM
Sniper Anon

On 26-Aug-2005, "Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote:

CDA rear der with big barrell friction shifters(that rear der takes a
LOT of cable pull to move)actually works quite well on many freewheels.
It is a piece of art with the rod actuators.

What's a "barrell"?

--
Sniper Anon

Old August 27th 05, 07:43 AM
Eric Hill

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Definately CDA group with brakes.

Interesting. What's the spring clip on the hubs for?

Cheers,
Eric