Home insurance

Old September 18th 03, 09:57 AM
Ian

Default Home insurance

Received my home insurance renewal documents this morning (Sainsbury's
Bank), I noticed there is change to another admin company, effectively a
tranfer of policy to another company, so duly checked through it, what do
you know, no special mention of specific pedal cycles, maximum pedal cycle
cover £500.
I duly ring up and ask about my two £1300 recumbents that have always been
named on the past policy, "sorry, we cannot cover them with this policy",
but, I say, if this is a direct transfer of policy you are obliged to
provide cover for the first year as you have not given me due notice, "oh,
hold on..... ok, they are covered this year but will not be after the next
renewal, we will send a letter of confirmation".
Bugger, they were competitively priced, any ideas for next year people?

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Old September 18th 03, 02:05 PM
Paul

I have always used Legal & General to cover my bikes including a Trek OCLV
road bike, I have to supply them with frame numbers an pay a small extra
premium on my standard contents policy. I made a claim a few years ago
which they paid up without an issue.

Paul

Old September 18th 03, 06:51 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Ian wrote:

Received my home insurance renewal documents this morning (Sainsbury's
Bank), I noticed there is change to another admin company, effectively a
tranfer of policy to another company, so duly checked through it, what do
you know, no special mention of specific pedal cycles, maximum pedal cycle
cover £500.
I duly ring up and ask about my two £1300 recumbents that have always been
named on the past policy, "sorry, we cannot cover them with this policy",
but, I say, if this is a direct transfer of policy you are obliged to
provide cover for the first year as you have not given me due notice, "oh,
hold on..... ok, they are covered this year but will not be after the next
renewal, we will send a letter of confirmation".
Bugger, they were competitively priced, any ideas for next year people?

Mine are covered at home (up to £1500 each) but it would cost over
£300/year for cover when they're out and about. I bough a big lock.

Old September 20th 03, 08:06 PM
Disgruntled Goat

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:57:56 +0100, Ian
wrote:

Received my home insurance renewal documents this morning (Sainsbury's
Bank), I noticed there is change to another admin company, effectively a
tranfer of policy to another company, so duly checked through it, what do
you know, no special mention of specific pedal cycles, maximum pedal cycle
cover £500.
I duly ring up and ask about my two £1300 recumbents that have always been
named on the past policy, "sorry, we cannot cover them with this policy",
but, I say, if this is a direct transfer of policy you are obliged to
provide cover for the first year as you have not given me due notice, "oh,
hold on..... ok, they are covered this year but will not be after the next
renewal, we will send a letter of confirmation".
Bugger, they were competitively priced, any ideas for next year people?

More Than covered my recumbent and Mrs. G.s Dawes.
Their cycle insurance covers any 2 bikes up to a value of £2500
*each*, new for old, no catches other than it has to be locked when
unattended. No specific named lock is required. Give them a call for
more details. We changed our contents insurance to them and ended up
paying about a fiver a month more for bike cover than what we paid for
contents without. Good value, IMO. Of course, I haven't had to make a
claim, yet...
--
DG

Bah!

More On Auto Insurance BretCahill Techniques 32 November 15th 03 04:57 PM
my parents are okay (hurricaine) Monique Y. Herman Mountain Biking 53 September 22nd 03 09:18 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Bike Insurance Disgruntled Goat UK 3 July 18th 03 08:44 AM